Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numeric keypad problem

Hi There
    I'm using small keypad to control my mp3player, but everytime I turn on my computer my keypad don't work until I
    dont plug it out and then plug IN.

Why's that.

(Sorry for my bad English)

I had this problem.
    Basically your keyboard is "crashing" due to ****ty power levels coming from the computer when you fire it up..
    Try a different power inverter, i went from 150 to 300 and that fixed it for me..
    But I don't think the wattage had anything to do with it, more the higher quality of the 300 watt..

Comment

Mine does the same thing...mine beeps excessively though. I haven't tried fixing it...I'm to damn lazy. And there is no way I'm buying ANOTHER inverter.

Comment

i have 300W power inverter, but the standard keyboard is working well

Comment

That's something that I noticed too...a full size keyboard works with no problem. It's only the keypad that gives me a hard time.

Comment

might sound like a no brainer but make sure "halt on keyboard error" or "halt on errors" is turned to "off" or "none". I once had that problem where it wouldnt recognize a keypad as a keyboard.

Tim
            99 ram 5.9 turbo
            P4 2.0, MicroATX, Audigy2nx, Monster Cable / Alpine.
            Coming soon: Indash motorized, 5.1, dvdrw, gps, bluetooth, wifi, and more!

Comment

I have this problem *only* if I don't shutdown windows properly...

Comment

Has <strong>anyone</strong> found a fix for this yet? My player is *perfect* except for the fact that i have to boot with a normal keyboard then switch to the keypad!

My player has a 200 watt AT power supply running off a Radio Shack 220 watt inverter (which is plugged into the lighter)

Any help would be <strong>greatly</strong> appreciated!

[This message has been edited by Mp3Chevy (edited 04-05-2000).]

Comment

Has nobady solved this problem?

My keypad works only then when I plug it out and than in (with my computer on)

help me

Comment

Maybe we should just switch to the IRman as a main source of control

Comment

yes, I already orderd one two days ago

Comment

let me know how that goes...

Comment

I had the keypad myself, it didnt give me any problems like that but I went with the IRman after about 3 months with the keypad. The IRMan is alot better in every way, the problem I am having with it is the damn remote wont work right at night, but works fine in the day. Strange stuff..

Comment

wont work right at night?

Have you tried a different remote?

Comment

Working...
                            X