Overheating question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overheating question

Will my EPIA ME 6000 give any sign (shut down, beep, etc.) that it is getting too hot?

Or will it just kill itself?

more then likely the OS will crash or the system will reboot itself. some boards do beep when a certain temp is reached. not sure if they epia boards support that feature
    Project K4RPU73R
    ----------------------
    Via Epia-M 9000
    256MB PC2100
    40GB IBM Travelstar
    7" Xenarc
    DeLorme Earthmate GPS

Comment

If I boot mine while it's too hot it will just make a constant beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep sound.
      Aura MR62 (F and R)
      My Current MP3s
      IamDefiler.com

Comment

Lytheum is correct. You should notice your OS becoming unstabe, and/or crashing befor anything dies. That is unless its SUPER HOT, but it shouldnt be

Comment

Some bioses may have an option to shutdown when exceeding a certain temperature.

You could also use motherboard monitor, speedfan, or similar to monitor system temps and set shutdown/warning temperatures if you're worried.
          -TJ
          Smart Playlists Plugin for RoadRunner
          CarPC - 05 Acura TL Navi (pics soon)
          Retired CarPC - 03 Infiniti Qx4

Comment

Originally posted by tejesh83
            Some bioses may have an option to shutdown when exceeding a certain temperature.

You could also use motherboard monitor, speedfan, or similar to monitor system temps and set shutdown/warning temperatures if you're worried.
            MBM didnt work... I'll try speedfan. Are their any other good monitoring programs out there?

Comment

My EpiaM 10000 came with the Via Flightdeck untility...check Via's website and see if it is available for download
              My Celica Carputer Install

Comment

Working...
              X