No announcement yet.

Headunits with aux-in

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headunits with aux-in

I have blown my headunit(went up in smoke) while trying to connect an amplifier. It doesn't matter very much though, I had to get a new one anyway, because the headunit didn't have Aux-In which i need for my carputer.

My question is, which brand of headunits have Aux-in? I have read that Pioneer has aux-in but only if you buy some extra connector that costs about 50$!!
    CRX VTEC '91 150HP, MicroATX in custom made case, PIII 600E, integrated Voodoo 3 =)

You can get the Sony CDX-M60 for about $200 with amp outputs and aux in
    EPIA 800, DWW-7VGA LCD w/Touchscreen, 256mb ram, dvd rom, ati radeon 7000 video card, 80 gb 3.5" hard drive.

Alpine makes headunits with RCA jacks on the back. You buy an adapter cable, around $15, and plug in to that and it works great. I have a 7892 that I got the cable for and it works sweet.
      P4 2.4GHz, Intel mobo w/onboard sound & video, 128MB memory, 100GB Seagate Momentus laptop drive, Xenarc 700TSV 7" touchscreen, IRman using Girder, 150W Opus dc/dc psu, Alpine CDA-9835 h/u, MBQuart speakers, Infinity 15" sub, MTX amps.

I bought a Jensen CR550X because it had 1/8" Aux in on the back.

It was $50 at Pep Boys.
        Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
        Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
        I'M DEBT FREE!!
        I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.