Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xenarc MP-SC1: Has anyone tried it -- Comments?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc MP-SC1: Has anyone tried it -- Comments?

I'm looking to get a carputer... not for show or anything. Just something that works. Normally I would build my own, but I'm too busy with work to put much time into it right now.

Has anyone installed a Xenarc MP-SC1?
    I ran a search, but didn't come up with anything useful...

Any comments?
    Suggestions?

Thanks!
    Anime is teh s uck

They are made by littlepc (well really it is STEALTH COMPUTER CORPORATION) look at their site for more info http://www.littlepc.com/products.htm

Comment

Very cool. Thanks!

Did you see the prices of their keyboards on that site?!?!
      Anime is teh s uck

Comment

yeah.. i've got this one

but i definately didn't pay that much for it... got it on ebay...

and for some reason, the casing on mine looks slightly different
        Car: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
        Mods: Yep
        Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

BUMP.

Originally posted by Fixxxer
          I'm looking to get a carputer... not for show or anything. Just something that works. Normally I would build my own, but I'm too busy with work to put much time into it right now.

Has anyone installed a Xenarc MP-SC1?
          I ran a search, but didn't come up with anything useful...

Any comments?
          Suggestions?

Thanks!
          Is this the only one of its kind (indash unit)?
          I'm interested to know what everyone thinks of it. . . . . . . . .

Comment

Make sure you do your research before you buy. LittlePC.com is NOT the manufacturer of the products they sell as SuperG35 stated. In fact, I could only find one or two products on their website that couldn't be purchased elsewhere.

Their Pentium 4 Little PC product line, for example, is simply an OEM version of the Sumicom S600. Their LPC 300 series looks very much like (but perhaps not identical to) the Casetronic C134 / C136 series.

I'm not trying to dog SuperG35 here, I made the same assumptions when I first started looking. But many of these manufactures of really small cases OEM them out to other companies. The moral of the story is take your time researching any case you like --- you may find a much cheaper supplier under a completely different product name.

BTW, I've been spending quite a bit of time on mini-itx.com and EpiaCenter. I dunno if I'd buy directly from them (espeically on the parts like RAM and CPU) but they have some really good reviews on what's out there. You might want to check them out.

Regards,

eXe

Comment

Oh, and one more thing, check out the Hoojum Cubit series. They offer both mini-itx and Pentium 4 options. They are different dimensions then the case you posted earlier, but they are still only 8" wide and ~3" tall.

What I really like about these cases is that the still offer full PCI (and AGP on the P4 version) and most importantly they still allow use of a full size (3.5") desktop hard disk. Laptop drives (2.5") are very expensive and max out at around 80GB.

Comment

Thanks for the plethora of links, xcentric. But, I'm researching a computer that will replace my car stereo, and will take its place, physically. So, the Cubit and the S600 won't fit in my dash. The Casetronic looks nice but doesnt have front-access USB, which would be needed if my friends want to hook up their iPod during our ride.. thus, I'm still looking at the MP-SC1. I'll check out the mini-itx and Epia links, maybe they have more info about indash car computers.

Comment

Working...
                X