Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serial 2 usb conflict! what 2 do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Serial 2 usb conflict! what 2 do?

    I have my touchscreen serial connected to a Serial to USB converter.

    I have it connected to a 4 port hub going into one of the usb ports on my epia800.

    I also have a 4 port hub out the second usb port and I have my WIFI adapter connected to the hub.

    For some reason, even with the latest drivers, winXP would crash when loggin in. I see the Welcome screen, then as it just about to load, bam, blue screen of death. With an error message of window login error. I'm pretty sure its my WIFI adapter thats causing it, and I have not figured out why it cause it to crash, but when its not connected, windows boots fine.

    OK, now with my touchscreen. I used the touchscreen tool to add a controller. It detects my serial 2 usb port and adds it. Problem is when it adds it, under Type, instead of the name of my converter, it list my Network router. (the same one that my wifi adapter detects when logging into the network) But the touchscreen works, problem is when I reboot, it has the same problem as my WIFI adapter. Loads to the welcome screen and crashes. When I disconnect it, its loads.

    I've tried uninstalling both, and reinstalling just the converter, but no good. Going crazy trying to fix this with no luck.

    What to do?

  • #2
    have you tried it without the usb converter?

    did it come with a cd?

    Some people with wifi, it takes about 5 minutes to load windows, it doesn't crash it just lags forever.
    Falcon cr53 w/ via epia m10000. Nokia 3650 blutooth phone.
    Better than winamp. Click here for qcd player.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by churnopol
      have you tried it without the usb converter?

      did it come with a cd?

      Some people with wifi, it takes about 5 minutes to load windows, it doesn't crash it just lags forever.
      Tried everything I could think of. It works without the usb coverter (said so in my post) Without it connected windows doesn't load it so it works.

      It came with drivers which I've installed to the Nth degree.

      With wifi it def crashes, blue screen of death with error message, which indicates a port error (with the wifi) or a login error (with the usb converter)

      Comment


      • #4
        Try it without the USB hub, it may not like sharing anything with anything


        Garry
        Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
        www.aimee.cc

        Comment


        • #5
          http://onlinestore.siig.com/merchant...egory_Code=LOW



          You're probably gonna have to use the serial port. If your's is already used up, i went through the trouble to find a LOW PROFILE pci card since most mini-itx cases only support low profile cards
          Falcon cr53 w/ via epia m10000. Nokia 3650 blutooth phone.
          Better than winamp. Click here for qcd player.

          Comment


          • #6
            its not problem with the hub. I've tried it with only the usb coverter pluged in, and still the same problem.

            and no, not going to get a pci serial card.
            1) no room
            2) don't want to waste my pci slot
            3) not an option right now


            I just need to fix this problem so I can finish my install.

            Comment


            • #7
              OK, I had this problem with XP, and wifi on a HTPC I was putting together.

              Try disabling the QoS RSVP service, in the services section of administrative tools.

              I'm sure that this was the problem I had with the Netgear Prism chipped card (rather than a Buffalo Orinoco one in my Laptop). Seams that the WiFi drivers of XP, the QoS service, and the Prism chip driver didn't like each other.
              4x4 in a turbo stylee.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Skraggy_uk
                OK, I had this problem with XP, and wifi on a HTPC I was putting together.

                Try disabling the QoS RSVP service, in the services section of administrative tools.

                I'm sure that this was the problem I had with the Netgear Prism chipped card (rather than a Buffalo Orinoco one in my Laptop). Seams that the WiFi drivers of XP, the QoS service, and the Prism chip driver didn't like each other.

                nope, no good, that don't work. I used the adapter on my laptop running XP with no problem, I just can't figure out why it won't work on the EPIA (it did work before I reinstalled XP)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Sorry I couldn't help. Mine was a PC Card in a PCI adaptor, but supposedly it effected all Prism based services and XP QOS. What make of adaptor is it?
                  4x4 in a turbo stylee.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Skraggy_uk
                    Sorry I couldn't help. Mine was a PC Card in a PCI adaptor, but supposedly it effected all Prism based services and XP QOS. What make of adaptor is it?

                    Usb WIFI adapter. I keep getting the following error message:

                    STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
                    The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
                    The system has been shut down.


                    Everytime I boot up with it pluged in. Same with my touchscreen.
                    I think its a com problem, but not posititive

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Done a few searches on that stof error, including the 005 hex status code, but couldn't find anything remotley useful.

                      You got a brand for USB wifi, I could see if they have a hidden away website, and see if they have any newer beta drivers?
                      4x4 in a turbo stylee.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Skraggy_uk
                        Done a few searches on that stof error, including the 005 hex status code, but couldn't find anything remotley useful.

                        You got a brand for USB wifi, I could see if they have a hidden away website, and see if they have any newer beta drivers?
                        yeah, I was searching for days. I got a generic adapter with the latest drivers. I email their tech support to see what can be done. I just hope that it solves my serial2usb problem too (same error)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'm thinking that if other things have been affected too, it is probably the serial to USB converter chip driver that is causing the probs. rather than the devices themselves. Might be that you have two devices with serial2USB chips, but different devices, and they are fighting over which driver to load?
                          4x4 in a turbo stylee.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Skraggy_uk
                            I'm thinking that if other things have been affected too, it is probably the serial to USB converter chip driver that is causing the probs. rather than the devices themselves. Might be that you have two devices with serial2USB chips, but different devices, and they are fighting over which driver to load?

                            I've tried of that too. I've tried running them one at a time to isolate what was crashing the PC when the PC first crash.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I had an issue with my USB drawing too much power and would crash my system ... just a thought.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X