Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parts LIst for mini PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Parts LIst for mini PC

    I need the parts and price list for a mini pc I have searched for a little bit and found some great info but I would like someone to help me out I will be willing to spend about $400 for the puter but $200 would be great also. And even if ya can't put one together for $400 just gimme the cheapest one you can get. I did build my own desktop but I have no experience with mini parts, also anyone ever measure the voltage on the 1/8" - RCA wires?

  • #2
    If you would be willing to use the 533 MHz eden cpu on the EPIA-5000 there is a guy on ebay who sells them for $49 US or lower. He lives in germany but ships them for a reasonable price. His ebay name is highquality48. It feels good cutting the retail price almost in half .

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by greenglo
      If you would be willing to use the 533 MHz eden cpu on the EPIA-5000 there is a guy on ebay who sells them for $49 US or lower. He lives in germany but ships them for a reasonable price. His ebay name is highquality48. It feels good cutting the retail price almost in half .
      hm is that complete? I'll go look at it all I will use it for is mp3 in my car.

      Comment


      • #4
        if your gonna use it for only mp3 it will be fine
        92 Taurus SHO - Daily driver - Epia M10000 80GB 512mb 7" touchscreen, Opus PSU etc

        93 Black SHO - 30mpg cruiser

        90 Silver SHO - 419whp fun/project car, CarPC to come (for tuning)

        Comment


        • #5
          I mean what is EVERYTHING I need that is just the mobo is there any place to buy mini cases and all the mini stuff?

          Comment


          • #6
            here is one choice on a mobo/cpu combo and a case...they are highly recommended

            Mobo/CPU
            Case
            -91Wiskey ( :eek: MEDIC!)
            <IMG SRC="http://www.thegauntlet.com/buddyicons/images/tool.gif">

            Comment


            • #7
              you need
              case
              memory
              hard drive
              power supply
              input device
              screen
              mobo which typcally has lan, audio, video on it.

              honestly you will build a POS for $400
              Mine needs to be updated.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by samc
                you need
                case
                memory
                hard drive
                power supply
                input device
                screen
                mobo which typcally has lan, audio, video on it.

                honestly you will build a POS for $400
                so would it be better to build a regular sized pc instead of a mini, and why do you say it will be a POS what part in building a mini $400 pc is bad, CPU, ram, mobo, or do I need to spend more money?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SWYZ721
                  so would it be better to build a regular sized pc instead of a mini, and why do you say it will be a POS what part in building a mini $400 pc is bad, CPU, ram, mobo, or do I need to spend more money?
                  There was nothing I could see in samc's reply which said "regular sized PC". That was simply a list of the bits you need to build any computer, big or small. My system has all those components:

                  case : Cut down aluminium box from maplin, size 8.5"x6"x2"
                  memory : 128Mb EDO (2x64Mb SIMMs)
                  hard drive : 6.5Gb laptop drive
                  power supply : ISR based homebuilt DC to DC supply
                  input device : UIR with VCR remote control
                  screen : 4x20 character VFD
                  mobo which typcally has lan, audio, video on it. : EM586

                  You'll also need a processor. Mine has a P233 MMX.


                  Rob
                  Old Systems retired due to new car
                  New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yes it would be a POS by desktop gaming rig etc. standards but its a freakin carputer that plays music!!! Also, In my opinion you mineaswell just build a custom box or simply mount your mobo to a safe, secure location in your car. Finally, I think the Epias are great for in car use just give them a display and a dc-dc power supply and they keep going and going and going......

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      sorry for the vague answer, but ok I have the EPIA 800, 256 megs, a 40 gig hd, and rest of the goodies. Special carputer parts cost me alot of $$ such as the screen, mobo (only $99 but still), opus dc-dc psu and more. That lone cost way more then $400. So if you happen to have a desktop laying around you can tear it apart and just buy whatever else your missing but if I had to do it all over again, I would do a vga screen, bigger HD, better board (Epia 10k).
                      Mine needs to be updated.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by samc
                        sorry for the vague answer, but ok I have the EPIA 800, 256 megs, a 40 gig hd, and rest of the goodies. Special carputer parts cost me alot of $$ such as the screen, mobo (only $99 but still), opus dc-dc psu and more. That lone cost way more then $400. So if you happen to have a desktop laying around you can tear it apart and just buy whatever else your missing but if I had to do it all over again, I would do a vga screen, bigger HD, better board (Epia 10k).
                        What size harddrive would you get if you were doing it again? And BTW, the EPIA M10000 is NICE. )
                        1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          well I bought a 2.5" drive so it cost more obviously but at least 80 gigs or so. 40 gigs? thats so 2002.
                          Mine needs to be updated.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Here's my parts list - def over $400

                            NEED

                            LCD: http://www.digitalww.com/LCD_TM_701L.htm
                            TM-701L 7 + TSK (installed) - $360

                            PSU: http://www.opussolutions.com
                            Opus 90 watt DC-DC PSU w/ Remote Option - $150ish


                            HAVE

                            Radio: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2748192450
                            D-Link DRU-R100 USB FM Radio - $26.14 w/ shipping

                            DVD Drive: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...onics&n=507846
                            Storix External USB 2.0 DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive $97.29 after rebate

                            Amp: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=4950
                            Kenwood KAC-649S 4Ch 320W Amp - $143 ($123 + $20 shipping)

                            OS:
                            Microsoft Windows 98 SE Free
                            http://www.litepc.com
                            Windows 98 Lite - $25

                            Motherboard: http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merch...ct_Code=110606
                            Via EPIA M-10000 Nehemiah Core $164

                            Case: http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...fer=pricewatch
                            Casetronic MINI ITX-2699R (Black) Case - $75 ($65 + $10 shipping)

                            GPS Receiver: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...gory=4668#BID1
                            Rand McNally GPS Serial Receiver - $24.33 ($12 + shipping)

                            GPS Software:
                            CoPilot 2003 - $30

                            Ram: Office Max
                            256MB DDR Ram Free after rebates

                            Hard Drive: Office Max
                            80GB Hard Drive $60 after rebates

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ugosplat
                              Here's my parts list - def over $400

                              NEED

                              LCD: http://www.digitalww.com/LCD_TM_701L.htm
                              TM-701L 7 + TSK (installed) - $360

                              PSU: http://www.opussolutions.com
                              Opus 90 watt DC-DC PSU w/ Remote Option - $150ish


                              HAVE

                              Radio: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2748192450
                              D-Link DRU-R100 USB FM Radio - $26.14 w/ shipping

                              DVD Drive: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...onics&n=507846
                              Storix External USB 2.0 DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive $97.29 after rebate

                              Amp: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=4950
                              Kenwood KAC-649S 4Ch 320W Amp - $143 ($123 + $20 shipping)

                              OS: Kazaa
                              Microsoft Windows 98 SE Free (download)
                              http://www.litepc.com
                              Windows 98 Lite - $25

                              Motherboard: http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merch...ct_Code=110606
                              Via EPIA M-10000 Nehemiah Core $164

                              Case: http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...fer=pricewatch
                              Casetronic MINI ITX-2699R (Black) Case - $75 ($65 + $10 shipping)

                              GPS Receiver: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...gory=4668#BID1
                              Rand McNally GPS Serial Receiver - $24.33 ($12 + shipping)

                              GPS Software: Copied CDs
                              CoPilot 2003 - $30

                              Ram: Office Max
                              256MB DDR Ram Free after rebates

                              Hard Drive: Office Max
                              80GB Hard Drive $60 after rebates
                              nice list, however i woudl refrain from stating your warez stuff, we dont want this board to be seen as supporting warez

                              1997 Jeep Wrangler Rugged Waves


                              Ebay Stuff For Sale

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X