Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Neo Car Jukebox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question about Neo Car Jukebox

    HI.

    I already installed the Neo Car Jukebox 35 80gb in a 2000 Grand AM GT using the FM Modulator.

    It sounds like crap, so i decided to get an Aux Input Adapter.

    My factory stereo looks like this: http://www.aatechnologies.com/cmyradios/pontiac/up3.asp

    And I found this two adapters:
    RCAINPUT.COM
    http://www.rcainput.com/Merchant2/me...tegory_Code=gm

    INSTALLER.COM
    http://www.installer.com/acc/gm9.html

    I wanna know if any of this will work with my stereo and which one do I have to get the 9-pin or the 10-pin.


    Thanks a lot!

  • #2
    crack open your dash and find out?

    or maybe google it or go to a pontiac specific forum would be my guess

    mp3car.com is more of the building a computer into your car, not so much HU orientated and such

    1997 Jeep Wrangler Rugged Waves


    Ebay Stuff For Sale

    Comment


    • #3
      Yeah, I haven't seen one person in here going for an in-dash MP3 HU. If I was though, Id get one from dension.

      http://www.dension.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Dielord
        HI.

        I already installed the Neo Car Jukebox 35 80gb in a 2000 Grand AM GT using the FM Modulator.

        It sounds like crap, so i decided to get an Aux Input Adapter.

        My factory stereo looks like this: http://www.aatechnologies.com/cmyradios/pontiac/up3.asp

        And I found this two adapters:
        RCAINPUT.COM
        http://www.rcainput.com/Merchant2/me...tegory_Code=gm

        INSTALLER.COM
        http://www.installer.com/acc/gm9.html

        I wanna know if any of this will work with my stereo and which one do I have to get the 9-pin or the 10-pin.


        Thanks a lot!
        http://www.rcainput.com/gm_guide.htm

        This link says you need the GM9-AUX. Do you have an aux button on the Head Unit. I could not tell from the pic on the link, you need an aux button or CD changer controls on the head unit to be able to use this part.

        Also, send an email to the people at rcainput.com and tell them what stereo you have and ask if it will work with the part. I sent them an email with the same questions and they answered the same day.

        I installed this part http://www.logjamelectronics.com Which is the same part you need, in my 2002 Silverado and it works great. It is easy to install and sounds awsome. It is a heck of a lot better than the FM modulator I tried.

        Good Luck
        Check out the progress of my carputer at http://www.monkeytails.net

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by foreal429
          http://www.rcainput.com/gm_guide.htm

          This link says you need the GM9-AUX. Do you have an aux button on the Head Unit. I could not tell from the pic on the link, you need an aux button or CD changer controls on the head unit to be able to use this part.

          Also, send an email to the people at rcainput.com and tell them what stereo you have and ask if it will work with the part. I sent them an email with the same questions and they answered the same day.

          I installed this part http://www.logjamelectronics.com Which is the same part you need, in my 2002 Silverado and it works great. It is easy to install and sounds awsome. It is a heck of a lot better than the FM modulator I tried.

          Good Luck

          Thanks for answering.

          About the stereo, it has a CD/PLAY button, maybe it can works like a AUX button isnt it?

          Thanks!

          Comment


          • #6
            no, the cd play button is for your cd player builtin

            there needs to be an AUX button

            1997 Jeep Wrangler Rugged Waves


            Ebay Stuff For Sale

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by freestyler
              no, the cd play button is for your cd player builtin

              there needs to be an AUX button
              I mean that you have to push that button to change from AM/FM radio to CD, like and AUX....

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Dielord
                I mean that you have to push that button to change from AM/FM radio to CD, like and AUX....
                Does the button change from AM/FM to your built in single CD player or is it to control an external CD changer? If it is there to select an external changer it should work. I would definately send the email and ask before you buy it. I paid $80 after 2day air shipping ( I am impatient and can not wait for ground shipping LOL!!) so ask before you buy.
                Check out the progress of my carputer at http://www.monkeytails.net

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by foreal429
                  Does the button change from AM/FM to your built in single CD player or is it to control an external CD changer? If it is there to select an external changer it should work. I would definately send the email and ask before you buy it. I paid $80 after 2day air shipping ( I am impatient and can not wait for ground shipping LOL!!) so ask before you buy.

                  Yeah, it have an AM/FM Button and also on the right side a CD/PLAY and CLOSE button.

                  I tried to contact RCAinput with no success.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Its 9-pin 99% sure, It looks like the same radio I have.

                    BTW: you don't always need the AUX button. The CD/Play button switches sources.

                    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ighlight=Delco

                    Sorry my website is down, otherwise I can link how I hacked mine. I have to go to work, otherwise I would provide more info. I'll post later with more info.
                    ODYSSEY

                    Originally posted by Tidder
                    Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
                    All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
                    Digital-Car UK|

                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(")

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ODYSSEY
                      Its 9-pin 99% sure, It looks like the same radio I have.

                      BTW: you don't always need the AUX button. The CD/Play button switches sources.

                      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ighlight=Delco

                      Sorry my website is down, otherwise I can link how I hacked mine. I have to go to work, otherwise I would provide more info. I'll post later with more info.
                      Thank a lot ODDISSEY, waiting for the rest of the info!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Dielord
                        Thank a lot ODDISSEY, waiting for the rest of the info!
                        It applies to some radios in GM vehicles built during or after 1995.

                        Pin-out of 9-pin AUX connector:
                        1. Battery Out - Orange
                        2. E & C Data - Darker Green
                        3. Ground Out - Black
                        4. Audio Com In - Light Brown
                        5. Left In - Orange w/ black stripe
                        6. Right In - Lighter Green
                        7. Voice + in - Bare w/ clear tubing
                        8. Dimming Out - Gray
                        9. R14 Out - Blue

                        The 9-pin aux connector is GM aux adaptor. It uses its own proprietary data system (Entertainment and Comfort Control). This connecter is used to connect GM branded CD changers, tape players, OnStar, and possibly AUX adaptors. GM radios are made by Delco, Delco does not release any information about their products until 5 years after first production.

                        Some radio's have an AUX button, while other radio's have a CD/Play button. These buttons are used to switch between CD (built-in or add-on), CD-changers, tape players (built-in or add-on), and possibly AUX adapters.

                        You now have two options for adding AUX to your Delco radio:
                        1) Purchase a 9-pin aftermarket adapter. Link Link Some units are radio challenged, other are not.
                        2) Acquire (aka junkyard) a tape player then disconnect the right, left and audio com (pins/wires 4 - 6) and connect an appropriate connecter. Remember to insert a tape, to fake play.

                        -----

                        At the time I hacked my radio, no AUX existed. So I have the hacked tape player hidden in the glove box. Now that I see AUX adapters are starting to pop-up, I might get one for my other car.

                        Also I hear Rockford Fosgate makes the cd-changers, you might be able to use their adaptors, but I have not tested this.

                        Some sites state the AM/FM/CD don't work, but your radio is AM/FM/CD w/ EQ which is higher up. I think it does have CD Changer controls.

                        www.radiosandmore.com is a good place to search for factory radios. The people their might even be able to provide more detailed support.
                        ODYSSEY

                        Originally posted by Tidder
                        Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
                        All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
                        Digital-Car UK|

                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(")

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          This is how my car stereo looks like:
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            sorry to bring a dead post back to life, but i have a question about the GM9-AUX
                            input. Is there a way to make your own rca-gm9 connection? i ask because 75 bucks is too much to pay in my opinion for a prefab group of wires and a couple of rca jacks. ive tried searchign hear and on google, but this is pretty much all i can find on the subject. anyone have any insight?
                            Car Pc progress meter:
                            [-5%-------------------] Carpc build #2. So far, 20$ deep! I love recycling!

                            "The car is the closest we will ever come to creating something that is truly alive" -Sir William Lyons
                            My worklog

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I believe the $75 is for the fact that you need to emulate the slave device (usually tape deck) being there. If you want to go cheaper, try finding a tape deck off an '00 Grand Am and hacking into the wiring.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X