dual sound cardz in win 95

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dual sound cardz in win 95

Does anyone know how to do this? I need to keep the the onboard sound for video recording purposes, and some other hardware that require it. I want to put in a soundscape vivo 90 for mp3 playback just because it sounds alot better. It has a 90db signal to noise diffrence and the freq. response is alot better. Any help would be appreciated.

------------------
    Monger
    ICQ-7207702
    Monger
    ICQ-7207702
    UPDATE: I moved farther north. Now its even too cold for the deer; only moose now

If memory serves me correctly, Win95 doesn't support multiple sound cards. It causes all kinds of problems. 98 on the other hand does. I could be wrong though.

Comment

Actually win 95 does support 2 sound cards in a limited sort of way. You can set one for recording and one for playback (remember 1/2 duplex cards?). You can set this up in your control panel under the multimedia section. If your system needs the other hardware for playback I'd say don't check the "use preferred devices option" unless you need too. I fixed a similar problem video capture system this way so it may help you out too.

Have Fun,
      Blackwind

Comment

Thanks for the info. That is exactly what I was wondering.

------------------
        Monger
        ICQ-7207702
        Monger
        ICQ-7207702
        UPDATE: I moved farther north. Now its even too cold for the deer; only moose now

Comment

Is there a way to output two different songs?
          I want to have a headphone output for previewing, but still allow regular play?

Comment

Working...
          X