problem installing VGA on GBOX P4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem installing VGA on GBOX P4

Hi guys. I have an AMS GBOX P4 and I"m having trouble installing an ATI All in Wonder 8500 DV on the board. Have anyone has experience with installing an all in wonder? So, I disable my onboard VGA and install the card and reboot but after the BIOS info, I can't even get the windows XP symbol to come up on my monitor. Please help....

Is there a BIOS setting to disable the on board vid?

Try plugging the monitor into the onboard, setting up the ATI card, then switching it.

HTH...
    Aura MR62 (F and R)
    My Current MP3s
    IamDefiler.com

Comment

Originally posted by Defiler
      Is there a BIOS setting to disable the on board vid?

Try plugging the monitor into the onboard, setting up the ATI card, then switching it.

HTH...
      There is no BIOS setting to diable to on board vid. I just do it on the control pane. I've tried plugging the monitor onto the onboard with the ATI installed but it says no signal detected. It will detect a signal on the ATI but no output whatsoever. Also, could it be that my PSU can't power it up cuz I only have a 150W and I have 2 fans running, HD, CDROM, and 2 mini fans that comes with the case, a case window LED and that's about it.

Comment

Sounds like a driver problem. Hook up the ATI and boot into safe mode to install them.
        -TJ
        Smart Playlists Plugin for RoadRunner
        CarPC - 05 Acura TL Navi (pics soon)
        Retired CarPC - 03 Infiniti Qx4

Comment

Originally posted by tejesh83
          Sounds like a driver problem. Hook up the ATI and boot into safe mode to install them.
          hmm.. Good idea. And also, once I disable the onboard VGA, I wasn't able to reactivate it so I have to reinstall the whole windows lucky for me it's a new system. Anybody knows how to reactivate the onboard? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by nevide
            hmm.. Good idea. And also, once I disable the onboard VGA, I wasn't able to reactivate it so I have to reinstall the whole windows lucky for me it's a new system. Anybody knows how to reactivate the onboard? Thanks.
            ok it's my bad luck or sumthin. I tried to boot the pc again wit the ati but now the bios won't even come up. the fan on the vga is spinning which is a good sign. any suggestion/

Comment

Hi guys. I have an AMS GBOX P4 and I"m having trouble installing an ATI All in Wonder 8500 DV on the board. Have anyone has experience with installing an all in wonder? So, I disable my onboard VGA and install the card and reboot but after the BIOS info, I can't even get the windows XP symbol to come up on my monitor. Please help....
              AMS website: * For ATI RADEON 9000 / 9700 PRO users. CMOS Setup or No Boot

I know it not the same model but who knows.

CMOS settings which affect AGP display adapters
              WARNING! Incorrect changes to CMOS may prevent the system from booting. Before making changes to CMOS settings, please ensure that you are familiar with the procedures for restoring default settings. Consult the documentation for your motherboard and/or your system.

The exact names of CMOS settings may vary from system to system. Not all systems will offer the options listed below.

These settings (if they appear) will normally be found in the CHIPSET SETUP or CHIPSET FEATURES portion of CMOS.

CMOS Option Recommended Setting
              AGP Bus Turbo Mode
              AGP Turbo DISABLED
              Primary Frame Buffer
              VGA Frame Buffer DISABLED
              AGP 1X/2X/4X Should be set to match the capabilities of the graphics adapter
              AGP Aperture Size
              AGP Aperture DEFAULT or 64MB

Note - These recommendations are for troubleshooting. Your system may perform better with different settings.

here the link to motherboard manual:
              http://amselectronics.com/support_gB.../CFI-S86MA.zip

hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by superzz
                AMS website: * For ATI RADEON 9000 / 9700 PRO users. CMOS Setup or No Boot

I know it not the same model but who knows.

CMOS settings which affect AGP display adapters
                WARNING! Incorrect changes to CMOS may prevent the system from booting. Before making changes to CMOS settings, please ensure that you are familiar with the procedures for restoring default settings. Consult the documentation for your motherboard and/or your system.

The exact names of CMOS settings may vary from system to system. Not all systems will offer the options listed below.

These settings (if they appear) will normally be found in the CHIPSET SETUP or CHIPSET FEATURES portion of CMOS.

CMOS Option Recommended Setting
                AGP Bus Turbo Mode
                AGP Turbo DISABLED
                Primary Frame Buffer
                VGA Frame Buffer DISABLED
                AGP 1X/2X/4X Should be set to match the capabilities of the graphics adapter
                AGP Aperture Size
                AGP Aperture DEFAULT or 64MB

Note - These recommendations are for troubleshooting. Your system may perform better with different settings.

here the link to motherboard manual:
                http://amselectronics.com/support_gB.../CFI-S86MA.zip

hope this helps
                thanks. I'll try that one.

Comment

thanks. I'll try that one.
                  If see POST then xp may not have update your adapter driver. Press F8 on start up, load safe mode. Default vga driver are loaded when you are in safe mode and you should have a display. Update driver.

Comment

Originally posted by superzz
                    If see POST then xp may not have update your adapter driver. Press F8 on start up, load safe mode. Default vga driver are loaded when you are in safe mode and you should have a display. Update driver.
                    tried the bios setup change but still can't get the BIOS screen when booting up again. Of course the XP screen doesn't come up either. Everything else seems to be running good but I notice that the floppy drive doesn't buzz as normal boot up. HELPPPPP>>>>

Comment

tried the bios setup change but still can't get the BIOS screen when booting up again. Of course the XP screen doesn't come up either. Everything else seems to be running good but I notice that the floppy drive doesn't buzz as normal boot up. HELPPPPP>>>>
                      Ok let start over. (blind) Plug into the motherboard video ,
                      Turn on pc
                      Press DEL
                      Wait a couple sec, right arrow over
                      Press Down arrow twice
                      You should be on load optimized Defaults
                      Press enter
                      press f10 and then y, and enter

Now set up the bio again for the video card. You should beable to see bio this time.

Comment

had a Gbox, and even had the same vid card, what solved the problem for me was fairly simple to fix. Hopefully you have the same problem. Underneath the fan, directly below it you will see a tiny little red box with two switches. Above it is written DV on, and below it is DV off. Apparetently AMS had some problems with the DV, aka firewire that comes on the 8500DV. If you manually override it by switching the little white nobs to off it should be able to work around that problem and boot up. At least it did for me, let me know how it works out for you and sorry to add a message on 2 months after the fact.

Comment

Holy back from the dead Batman!!!
                          Aura MR62 (F and R)
                          My Current MP3s
                          IamDefiler.com

Comment

Working...
                          X