Blacklight?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blacklight?

Does anyone know where to find a small tubed black light? Preferebly under 16 inches. Im thinking about rebuilding my case with plexiglass or lexon, I just thought if im gonna make it showy I might as well through a black light in it. At least it sounds cool to me. Of course im gonna hook it up to the power source for the comp. Any ideas on how to properly hook up? I know it all depends on the voltage so i guess i need to know that first

You can find em at car part places or even some car audio shops. I personally suggest www.caseetc.com if you want to customise your case. Also check out the hardocp.com forum for tips and ideas about case mods.

Comment

Sounds like a cool idea. I have a UV light in my car. I built the light using a kit from Electronics Goldmine. It is a small 4W bulb, but it is sufficient to light up the interior of a car. Are you going to accent various internal parts of the player with fluorescent paint?

------------------
      Aaron Cake
      London, Ontario, Canada

Player: Cyrix 200, 32MB RAM, 10.2Gig Quantum HD, Onboard EtherNet/Sound/Video, Custom Lexan Case, Arise DC-DC, Win95 Kernal w/Custom Player
      Car: '86 Mazda RX-7 w/Basic Performance Upgrades
      Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
      Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
      "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

I never thought about painting items inside it other then the metel holding the case together but im sure that would look cool just that you dont use ultra cheasy eighties colors.

Comment

my car has a black light in the cieling instead of the interior light it's way cool

Comment

If I'm not mistake, I believe that Street Glow sells blacklights, as well as many other types of lights for your car.
            www.streetglow.com
            ~2000 Impala LS
            ~Soon to be (among) the best in car audio...

Comment

I read somewhere that prolonged exposure to black light was bad for people (i hope that all of you decide to turn on the lights, only when you get out of the car to show it off to all the people who believe that it takes big $$$ to put this stuff in a car)

Comment

Be warned some BIOS chips and eprom chips get erase with UV light. I haven't seen any on a mobo in a while but you might want to check it out first before you install it. It does sound like its great idea.

Awol][
                Awol

my $0.02 cents (value is based on the intelligence of the person reading this message)

Comment

prolonged exposure can be bad with anything.....not just black lights

Comment

i have a feeling that the air presure and vibarations from my stereo will kill me before the black light will

Comment

In the late 70's, prolonged exposure to blacklights in night clubs and discos caused people to wear skin-tight, bell-bottom jeans and to overindulge in Speed, MDA and cocaine.

It's true - I still have pictures to prove this phenomenon.

heh

~m

------------------
                      Using Napster,(rarely) Imesh, ScourExchange,(scratch that one, too), Gnutella and Freenet to load up my MP3-ized WebSurferPro... in my '96 Civic, of course :}
                      BC ROCKS!!!
                      **Update - WSPro is now in the rec room. Working on a new box for the car.**
                      Current TEMPORARY setup... I-Jam -> Cassette Adapter -> Head Unit. PATHETIC!!!
                      PII 266, 512 MB RAM, 10 Gig, 36x CD-ROM, 16x DVD, DeLorme GPS, 5.6" LCD Screen, Dschmidt power controller, Keypower ATX DC-DC Supply, PowerAmp Macro controller, Dauphin mini-Kbd.
                      Sony Head Unit, Sony Unilink input selector, rear deck Kenwood 6x9's, stock door spkrs... All in my '96 Civic, of course :}
                      BC ROCKS!!!

Comment

that comment makes me glad i'm too young to know anything about that type of thing

no offense to all those old enough to know about the 70's

Comment

Working...
                        X