I just did something brave with slot loading dvds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just did something brave with slot loading dvds

I'd like to confirm that mini-cdr's are totally compatible with all slot loading dvd-roms and stand alone dvd players. I was scared because almost all car cd players will not accept mini-cdrs. Either they get stuck going in or when ejected you need tweezers to pull it out.

At my work i tested mini-cdrs on the head units. I ruined 3 and had to use tweezers to pull out 6 and only 2 worked fine. The two that didn't have any trouble were dvd players. I tested mini-cds on dvd-roms laptops and standalone dvd players. All checked out fine.

Anyways
    I got my 16x Pioneer slot load dvd rom (ebay) for $47. This one will replace the one in my current carputer, cuz it's so cool.

The pro's:
    It's able to take on more shock.
    Can be mounted in any position.
    Can't break the tray, cuz there is none.
    There's no price differecne between slot and tray loaders
    Falcon cr53 w/ via epia m10000. Nokia 3650 blutooth phone.
    Better than winamp. Click here for qcd player.

ehrm...good job! but why do you want mini-cds?
    -
    My cars
    -

Comment

I would think its because they are mini!
      Car: 2000 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t
      Carputer 2.0: removed. Back to stock.

Comment

so what, you need the extra space?
        -
        My cars
        -

Comment

I like them cause they're easier to give out to people, they can just slide it into a jacket pocket or something. Not that I would waste them by putting music on them.

Comment

Doesn't the Pioneer Slot Load take a lot of juice to power it? It's a 3.5" DVD player...

Comment

Originally posted by sq_geek
              Doesn't the Pioneer Slot Load take a lot of juice to power it? It's a 3.5" DVD player...
              Only if its from concentrate fresh squeezed works fine

Comment

I think I hada 2 amp fuse on the line feeding mine when I started - it was fine till it spun up - blew the fuse.
                Now it has a 7 something amp fuse.... I should really take a reading and see what it draws.
                Gizmo-
                Techonlogy on Wheels
                http://www.hjnetworks.com/car

Comment

Please do.. inquiring minds would love to know.. Especially during DVD playback...

The only reason I'm getting the jerry-rigged IMAC slot-load DVD is because it supposedly sucks less (proverbial) "juice"

I'd rather get this pioneer, since it's cheaper and simpler..

Comment

Originally posted by kami333
                    I like them cause they're easier to give out to people, they can just slide it into a jacket pocket or something.
                    something = get them stuck in their car CD players, lose them, break them, forget them...
                    Current Status: For Sale

Specs
                    - 1.5Ghz Toshiba Laptop (available - no screen)
                    - Indash Motorized 7" VGA TS
                    - DeLorme GPS (sold)
                    - Power Inverter (sold)
                    - Pioneer HU (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by carabuser
                      something = get them stuck in their car CD players, lose them, break them, forget them...
                      Like I said, I don't use them for music so no need to worry about car cd players. I put photos and past presentations and stuff, people like them better than normal sized cause they aren't as bulky.

Comment

Originally posted by sq_geek
                        I have a 400watt inverter. The last thing i want to worry about is power consumption.

I use mini cd's for music videos, mp3 cds, data, and for it's coolness. I love passing out mini-cd's, and they match perfectly with my mini-itx system.
                        Falcon cr53 w/ via epia m10000. Nokia 3650 blutooth phone.
                        Better than winamp. Click here for qcd player.

Comment

My friend had gotten a Sony Mavica camera that burns to the mini 6-cm CD's. It included a plastic "jacket" that basically makes the little CD the size of a large CD. I wish I could tell you where to get one without getting an entire camera, but at least you know they exist. ^_^

Comment

Working...
                          X