Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slimline IDE Adapter - How does it work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slimline IDE Adapter - How does it work?

How the heck does this thing work??

My slimeline HDD has 44 pin holes and then 4 other pins to the side.

The adapter has the small end with 44 pins and plugs right in, but it says "pin1 (to HDD)" so I am sure it is installed facing the right direction.

The other end has 40 larger pins for normal IDE, but the IDE cable has 1 center pinhole blocked (normal IDE). Do I need to break that pin off (some of you call it a "security pin") from the adapter so it fits or what???

WTF?!?!

HELP!!

no manual? ask the store or makers
    -
    My cars
    -

Comment

I bought it off Ebay... They showed it plugged right into the IDE cable, but that is not possible unless I break off this pin. I'm sure it's OK, because it isn't hooked up to anything at the other end.

Comment

I had to do the same...It will work fine!

Comment

Originally posted by sq_geek
          I bought it off Ebay... They showed it plugged right into the IDE cable, but that is not possible unless I break off this pin. I'm sure it's OK, because it isn't hooked up to anything at the other end.
          I bought the exact same one also off eBay, just make sure you break off the right pin
          My OLD Carputer: http://www.mp3car.com/node/18137
          Currently, Don't have a carputer :( I sold my lincoln and bought a '93 Acura Vigor, plan on putting a carputer in it one of these days. You can see my vigor at: This Site

Comment

cool, I did, and it works.

Comment

Working...
            X