CMOS Battery Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMOS Battery Problem

I have a i430VX Mainboard that im playing with. Everytime I boot up, I get a CMOS Battery Failed. Ive done the obvious and changed the CMOS Battery (TWICE). This still hasnt solved my problem. It will reload the CMOS defaults each time, then I go into CMOS and change the settings and SOMETIMES it will continue as normal, other times it will give me the error again. Any suggestions? Id really like to get this board working as it is in good shape other than this defect.

Thank you,
    Grand Am-P3
    The Grand aMP3 Project
    Car: 96 Pontiac Grand Am
    Current Setup: AMD K62 300MHz, 64MB DIMM RAM, 20GB WD Hard Drive, Basic Video & Sound

Well mate some MBs when they get bit old the battery starts to leak.The acid thats leaks on the board damages the soldering connections around that battery holder and also the terminals which hold the battery itslef. Well try cleaning (resoldering) the solder points and connection points of the battery holder.
    Well this might be one thing thats gives you this problem. so check it out.

------------------

Fosgate
    Fosgate

System Comp V3 - In progress.
    Low power MB with C7 CPU, DC-DC PSU, car ECU link, USB TV, GPS, 7" TFT, Wireless, Voice.

Comment

Check to make sure you that the jumpers are on EXTERNAL battery instead of INTERNAL. This stumped me once before..

C' Ya

Eddie

Comment

Or possibly the board is jumpered to reset the bios, like you would do if you forgot your bios password...examine the manual that came with it (or download it if one did not) and carefully check that out

Comment

I have the book and I know its not jumpered to reset the bios. The jumper for that is a 4 pin jumper and it selects internal, external, and reset bios. Ive tried it on all and it didnt help. I have recently taken the advice of Fosgate and resoldered the connections but have not had a chance to test it. Will probably test it out this weekend and leave word here to list my results. Thank you to everyone who has helped out. Hope this works.

Grand Am-P3
          The Grand aMP3 Project
          Car: 96 Pontiac Grand Am
          Current Setup: AMD K62 300MHz, 64MB DIMM RAM, 20GB WD Hard Drive, Basic Video & Sound

Comment

Working...
          X