Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can i get an EPIA with a WARRANTY?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can i get an EPIA with a WARRANTY?

As you may have read in another thread I think my EPIA 800 MHz is shot. Where where is a good place to get another EPIA 800 with a warranty?
    92 Taurus SHO - Daily driver - Epia M10000 80GB 512mb 7" touchscreen, Opus PSU etc

93 Black SHO - 30mpg cruiser

90 Silver SHO - 419whp fun/project car, CarPC to come (for tuning)

the epia 800 is not stocked anymore by most places due to the overwhelmingly better performance of the 1ghz Neamiah cpu, but that being said, there are plenty of places that sell them with a warranty.

I bought my M10000 from a local shop with a 1 year warranty. They also have online ordering if you want to check it out. www.computerpartsusa.com
    MY CAR IS FOR SALE!
    See My Project Page for Details - 2003 BMW E46 ///M3
    Custom Dash Monitor Housing - OEM Fitment
    Custom Overhead DVD-ROM Housing in Headliner
    BMW I-Bus Integration
    My homepage with many other fun projects!

Comment

Originally posted by gork
      the epia 800 is not stocked anymore by most places due to the overwhelmingly better performance of the 1ghz Neamiah cpu, but that being said, there are plenty of places that sell them with a warranty.

I bought my M10000 from a local shop with a 1 year warranty. They also have online ordering if you want to check it out. www.computerpartsusa.com
      Not to mention $70 price difference...

www.axiontech.com still carried them if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

yes i seen them on pricewatch, they do include warranties though?
        92 Taurus SHO - Daily driver - Epia M10000 80GB 512mb 7" touchscreen, Opus PSU etc

Comment

if you're buying online, I suggest the newegg.com website.
          otherwise - your local stores. As I said before, I got mine at Fry's fro about 230 w/ 3 year replacment plan.
          Current Status: For Sale

Specs
          - 1.5Ghz Toshiba Laptop (available - no screen)
          - Indash Motorized 7" VGA TS
          - DeLorme GPS (sold)
          - Power Inverter (sold)
          - Pioneer HU (sold)

Comment

yeah i would buy from a local store but probably no place in a 150 mile radius sells them

Comment

Originally posted by guitar333
              yeah i would buy from a local store but probably no place in a 150 mile radius sells them
              Just because you find an item on pricewatch does not mean it doesn't carry a warranty. Epia's standard one year warranty will be valid if you buy from a legitimate retailer selling the product new. The warranty is from Epia...not the retailer, Epia will need to verify the date of purchase however which is why you need a reciept from a legitimate retailer. I bought my Epia 10000 (Ezra core unfortunately) from axiontech.com which I found via pricewatch. The ethernet does not work on my Epia and I am going to wait a few more months to exchange it and hopefully they will not have any Ezra core's left.
              My Celica Carputer Install

Comment

smart, so do you know if axiontech.com is an authoriced dealer? if so I will buy from them

Comment

smart, so do you know if axiontech.com is an authoriced dealer? if so I will buy from them
                  Yes axiontech.com is legit I've ordered a lot of items from them the past few years. They have tech support and all.
                  My Celica Carputer Install

Comment

kami333:

$70 may be significant money when that represents over half the price of the epia 800 board, but you definately get your money's worth.

Considering the Neamiah's floating point unit gives 200% better performance than the FPU on the Ezra 800MHz, it's very significant on a computer used in the car for multimedia purposes.

Plus the M1000 board has the MPEG2 decoder in the graphics chip, DDR memory, USB 2.0, and firewire.

In my book, it's a no-brainer. The EPIA 800 is overpriced in comparison. It should be selling for about $70-$80.
                    MY CAR IS FOR SALE!
                    See My Project Page for Details - 2003 BMW E46 ///M3
                    Custom Dash Monitor Housing - OEM Fitment
                    Custom Overhead DVD-ROM Housing in Headliner
                    BMW I-Bus Integration
                    My homepage with many other fun projects!

Comment

authoriced
                      hehe say it slower and it's autho riced
                      NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
                      If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

oops hehe

Comment

i know the differences and would much rather get the 1ghz but i have my reasons for getting the 800

Comment

Working...
                          X