quick question about purchasing HW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick question about purchasing HW

I am planning to build a carPC. However, i don't want to make the wrong purchases, so i'm going to ask a noobie quesiton ahead of time. I am definately getting the Xanarc LCD touchsreen with VGA input so i can see the output of the PC.

I don't want to do it now, but i'd like to put a drop down LCD on the ceiling of the SUV for the back row seating to watch DVD's. Is there a way to run the windows desktop on the VGA monitor touch screen and have the drop down LCD dedicated to watching movies? Woiuld i need a special video card? Is it even possible?

If this doesn't make any sense, i can refine my post.

You would need a video card with two outputs.. Most [decent] new videocards can easily do this, a GeForce4MX or a Radeon 9xxx can easily do it, but make sure it can support multiple monitors before you buy
    1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

If your motherboard doesnot have an AGP slot, (EPIA's and most other smal boards dont have them) you will need to get A GeForce MX or RAdeon 9000 in a PCI version. ( i think the 9000 is the only PCI radeon with TV-OUT). You would need to have TV-OUT or 2 VGA Ports if your using both VGA screens.
      4st Insanity

:google:

Comment

wont watching dvd's+windows desktop be kinda hungry?
        92 Subaru Legacy Wagon

Epia MII12000 :D
        Morex 80W
        120G External HDD
        16x2 Charater Display
        Creative IR Remote
        VIA Sereniti 2000 Mini ITX Case
        7.2Ah SLA Tank
        PCMCIA 802.11b
        256DDR Ram

Diamonds are for girls- wise men follow the stars

Comment