Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have pics of an installed Extigy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have pics of an installed Extigy?

I'm considering buying one to replace my crappy headunit to go between the carputer and the amp. Cusrious as to how people have installed them and if they look out of place in the car.

cheers
    Car: 2000 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t
    Carputer 2.0: removed. Back to stock.

I was surprised at how large it was when it arrived. But I haven't installed it yet so I can't tell you how it looks. I think I'm going to mount it to the trunk lid. I drive a two seater so space in the cab is at a premium.
    Peter
    Stop Buying New Music CD's.
    Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

hmm yeah, I'd like to use it for a master volume control in the cabin. I am thinking it may be too big to put in the glove box - if so I will have to get a small EQ/Line driver to fit there. I have to get a soundcard anyway, and I thought I could kill two birds with one stone.

Comment

The Audigy 2 NX is out, now. I am using it in my car. It's much smaller than the Extigy.
        MY CAR IS FOR SALE!
        See My Project Page for Details - 2003 BMW E46 ///M3
        Custom Dash Monitor Housing - OEM Fitment
        Custom Overhead DVD-ROM Housing in Headliner
        BMW I-Bus Integration
        My homepage with many other fun projects!

Comment

ah thats looks very promising! thanx gork
          Have you experienced any problems with it?

Comment

Originally posted by gork
            The Audigy 2 NX is out, now. I am using it in my car. It's much smaller than the Extigy.
            How do you have it plugged into your amp. Front ,Rrear, Sub channel or just one cahnnel into the amp?
            Check out the progress of my carputer at http://www.monkeytails.net

Comment

Right now it's just hooked up via the two "front" channels.. They split into my amp's 4 channels.

The thing has three modes to "upmix" to other modes (4.0, 4.1, 5.1, 7.1) .. dolby surround, CMSS (creative's own spatialization stuff), and duplicate stereo audio.

The next time I have to get into my dash, I'll hook up the other two inputs so I will have 4.0 input into my amp. I don't have seperate input for the sub amp in my OEM setup, otherwise I could easily go for the 4.1 output.. Anyway, it gives you enough options you can do whatever you need.. The mixer in 4,5.1,7.1 has a fron/rear slider and center/sub/side level adjustment so you can get picky about it if you want
              MY CAR IS FOR SALE!
              See My Project Page for Details - 2003 BMW E46 ///M3
              Custom Dash Monitor Housing - OEM Fitment
              Custom Overhead DVD-ROM Housing in Headliner
              BMW I-Bus Integration
              My homepage with many other fun projects!

Comment

Originally posted by gork
                Right now it's just hooked up via the two "front" channels.. They split into my amp's 4 channels.

The thing has three modes to "upmix" to other modes (4.0, 4.1, 5.1, 7.1) .. dolby surround, CMSS (creative's own spatialization stuff), and duplicate stereo audio.

The next time I have to get into my dash, I'll hook up the other two inputs so I will have 4.0 input into my amp. I don't have seperate input for the sub amp in my OEM setup, otherwise I could easily go for the 4.1 output.. Anyway, it gives you enough options you can do whatever you need.. The mixer in 4,5.1,7.1 has a fron/rear slider and center/sub/side level adjustment so you can get picky about it if you want
                Sweet, thanks for the info.
                Check out the progress of my carputer at http://www.monkeytails.net

Comment

Working...
                X