GASP M10000 won't power up!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GASP M10000 won't power up!

I was playing with this earlier this morning and computer was up and running playing winamp. Then it suddenly shut down. complete power off. So during lunch I powered it up and was installing MBM5. mid install it powered down again. Now it won't even power up!

Help

Krystar

uh-oh.

If you want some help with it, post some details. What are you using to power it (hopefully not an unpatched 90W Opus)?
    -TJ
    Smart Playlists Plugin for RoadRunner
    CarPC - 05 Acura TL Navi (pics soon)
    Retired CarPC - 03 Infiniti Qx4

Comment

try opening it up and tough a metal part of te mobo, put it back together and power it up
      Falcon cr53 w/ via epia m10000. Nokia 3650 blutooth phone.
      Better than winamp. Click here for qcd player.

Comment

using M10000, with PW-70A+ and a 12V DC-DC regulator. Yes I know it doesn't work when I crank. I'm not caring about that right now.

Comment

i think i mighta found ONE problem. i just checked my DCDC regulator and found the output to be 14V and not 12. DAMMIT. does the m10000 or the pw70a+ have overvoltage cutoff? I hope so. So I'm really hoping the overvoltage is activating cause it'd be really bad if i fried something.

Comment

14vdc without a load sounds normal...if you measure it under load it will drop a volt or so...The AC brick I have puts out almost 15v.

I have the PW-70...don't know about A or A+
            current projects

Comment

i just powered it almost up again. now it's doing the long beep pause long beep musta fried the ram.

Comment

argg F#(*&(&#@% it happened again. now the thing won't power up at all. i pulled out ram and hdd and still nothing. input voltage is at 12.0V steady. need ideas!

Comment

I don't have enough info to really say this, but perhaps you fried the PSU? I'm not sure how yours works tho, so I can't really say..
                  1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

I had about the exact same thing happen. I was messing around with the system changing the power supply to the accessory line. When I put it all back together I just got the long beep noise. I tried several different types of memory but nothing worked.

I think what happened was my 12v power some how came in contact with the ram and got shot threw the board. There is no physical evidence but I'm pretty sure this is what happened.

As for the PW-70 and over voltage it does have it but it is a lot higher, somewhere above 15 volts, might be 18. I use the PW-70 wired straight to my car without any regulation. I read somewhere that the Epia doesn't use any 12v power so it's not essential to regulate it. Of course you have to stick with laptop drives and CD-drives. Now, I'm not a hundred percent sure where I read this or if it is even true. But I did use it unregulated without any problems all summer long. My voltage output measured up to 14.5v.

If the motherboard is fried you could try contacting VIA and getting an RMA number. I got one and I will be sending in my board tommorow.

Comment

when you get an rma do you need a receipt or whatever? what kind of questions did they ask you? thanks
                      92 Taurus SHO - Daily driver - Epia M10000 80GB 512mb 7" touchscreen, Opus PSU etc

93 Black SHO - 30mpg cruiser

90 Silver SHO - 419whp fun/project car, CarPC to come (for tuning)

Comment

No questions or receipt, but I think that's because I went indirectly and a guy hooked me up. You shouldn't need a receipt but they might want it to prove the age of the board. I wasn't actually asked any questions because I think the guy I contacted just forwarded it to the RMA department and they just assumed it was approved or something.

Comment

hmm....well i bought mine off ebay from a guy, it was opened in new condition, no receipt though. I have recently tried to contact him to see if he has the original but, havent heard from him. Im sure its under warranty still......hmm what should I do, call VIA?
                          92 Taurus SHO - Daily driver - Epia M10000 80GB 512mb 7" touchscreen, Opus PSU etc

Comment

Originally posted by krystar
                            i pulled out ram and hdd and still nothing.
                            I think you at least need the ram for it to post...does the cooling fan spin?

Is everything else detached from the system?
                            current projects

Comment

i dont think you need ram to post, but to see it Post you do (if you have onboard video) Im not sure though

Comment

Working...
                              X