Complete carputer for audio/video?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete carputer for audio/video?

I am sorry if this has been covered before.
    (I did a search but did not get the results I was looking for)

Anyway, I am looking for a "complete" carputer because I dont know enough to "build" one. I need excellent DVD and audio as I dont want to run a HU. Just the PC.
    I am interested in the Audigy2 NX. That looks good.
    But I need your recommendations on a complete system that will do killer DVD play back. Or what type of specs that I should seek out on my own.

Thanks in advance.

D. Rogers

We could go about this a different route too I guess.

Lets just say you were spending MY money to build YOUR system!

If you already had the M10000 mobo, Opus, and Audigy2NX...............
    What else would you want/need to go with it? (please keep in mind that DVD playback and 5.1 or better surround sound is top priority)

Thanks for helping me out!

Comment

how about this?

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=17816
      Stop Buying New Music CD's.
      Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

Thanks chut. Nice find. At the moment I am interested in the computer only. (my post might be misleading)

I have never built a computer before so I dont even feel comfortable in my ability to purchase all the correct parts.
        I know you need the PSU, board, chip, memory, hdd, and a slim DVD unit. But beyond that I am just not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by dvcrogers
          Anyway, I am looking for a "complete" carputer because I dont know enough to "build" one. I need excellent DVD and audio as I dont want to run a HU. Just the PC.
          If you don't know enough to build a pc you better forget about removing your HU ! It's very complicated making a PC-only-System thats also comfortable in using it. You should really know a little bit of PC's Hardware and Software for making all the functions a HU has working on your CarPC !

Jan.

Comment

Funt4stic, I disagree completely. Using a PC as a head unit is very simple. Building a PC from scratch is a different story.

If you have a fully functional pc with DVD and a screen, you have a very good start to ditching your head unit.

I am just not "up" on the latest offerings from the "PC world" because I have been involved in drag racing and mobile audio for the last few years.(I've been out-of-the-loop).

Comment

Bah, building desktop machines are just expensive lego. If it doesnt fit there, try somewhere else that looks good =D

Comment

LOL. Never looked at it that way

Comment

Working...
                X