For those of you who are worried about appearance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you who are worried about appearance

Every think the AC/DC inverter has to go into the cigarette lighter and run all over the car, i cliped the cigarette part off, stripped the wires, and soldering it into a power line in the dash, and ran teh wires under the carpet. Its inconspicuous and easy to do. Just trying to help out.

In reply to Killjoy, you couldn't be more correct. I also spliced my wires. I have my inverter under the seat for easy on/off operation. I ran a extension cord from my seat to the trunk under the carpet. Works beautifully.

Comment

I have a question for ya though...
      Which wire do you splice the adapter into? Do you hook it directly to the battery, or to a power cable somewhere in the car. And also does the mp3 player run while the car is turned off, or does the key need to be turned?

Comment

I'm going to do that with mine then. I'm expecting my power supply in the mail sometime this week. Screw the inverter, i picked up a DC power supply that works with AT motherboards for $45.

Meatballman
        ---------------

Opinions are like heinie-holes, everyone has one and noone particularly cares about yours.

Comment

Where did you find a DC PSU that cheap? Share the info!
          digitalswirlee.com

Comment

Here is what I plan to do. Feel free to shoot me down if I am overlooking something stupid. I plan to take off all cases to my components, (computer parts, amps, crossovers, etc.) I will arrange these in the most advantageous way possible for the area of my trunk that it will be installed into. My case is going to be a custom plexiglass case, with a line of available ports across the top, and a removeable section below that for upgrades, etc. I am installing a black light in the back, and might paint a few parts with some day-glo paint for aesthetics. This system will run everything needed to interface with the head unit in one small case. The AC/DC converter runs best when hard wired to the battery, and also decreses the chance of something accidentally becoming unplugged. Additionally, you don't have to mess with running another cigarette adapter to the trunk. I also have a possible solution for the heat issue, which I will post in that room. thanks.

Comment

First of all, here's what you need to do with the inverter. Cut that damn plug off and hard wire it to the battery. Then rip the switch out and attach those loose wires to a switch right under the dash for easy on/off operation. Get a lighted switch from Radio Shack, it looks awesome at night. I have one for my mp3 player and one for my amp, it almost looks like I have a neon hooked up under there.

Comment

JupiterX: I got my DC-DC power supply from scott.kincaid.net/needpwr.htm he sells them complete for $45 and a kit to make your own for $25.

Comment

Yeah, I actually found that page the same day I posted the message. Thanks a lot.
                  digitalswirlee.com

Comment

Working...
                  X