Wiring into car stereo w/o HU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring into car stereo w/o HU

I have a stock amp in my car and have a list of all the pins for the input and output of the HU and the amp, howeve, there is one pin for "enable AMP" that comes from the HU. I haven't made the step into purchasing a multimeter to measure anything, but is there any chance anyone knows what signal is being put out through this line? I'm looking to wire in my computer without a HU. Thanks

most probably 12v
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Comment

My guess is it's the 12V signal that comes on when the HU is on, to let the amp know to turn on.

Comment

Yes it's 12v. I have hooked up the remote lead from my amp to the ignition before. Had a deck with a blown power antenna lead.

Comment

Its a 12v input on amps and most headunits supply about 0.3A current to it when the HU switches on.
          My CarPC install piccies http://www.celica-club.co.uk/cgi-bin...at=561&thumb=1

Comment

are you talking about your jeep? if so what year? I'd like to get that pinout list from you if it's 96+
            My JeepPC Install

"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

"it's been agreed the whole world stinks so no one's taking showers anymore"

Comment

Yeah. 2001. I have to run quick, i'll try and remember to post a link for it a little later.

Comment

Working...
              X