Power Button

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Button

Is there something special about a pc's power button that makes it work?

I just got one of those shifter knobs that has four buttons on top to turn things on and off.

I tried taking a power switch off of my old case and just connecting the power and ground to the shifter knob but it doesn't work.

It works fine with any other device so I know the knob is working.
    EPIA 800, DWW-7VGA LCD w/Touchscreen, 256mb ram, dvd rom, ati radeon 7000 video card, 80 gb 3.5" hard drive.

All you need is a "short" on the two pins on the motherboard for it to turn on...If it's ATX.
    Aura MR62 (F and R)
    My Current MP3s
    IamDefiler.com

Comment

what do you mean by a "short"?
      How could I do this?
      EPIA 800, DWW-7VGA LCD w/Touchscreen, 256mb ram, dvd rom, ati radeon 7000 video card, 80 gb 3.5" hard drive.

Comment

a simple jumper would work, but wouldnt be convient =P a switch short the circuits when pressed down, so any emulation of the sort should work. Ive used switched of all sorts to boot my atx motherboards.

Comment

you need a momentary on switch
          [H]4 Life
          My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
          It will be done sometime in the next generation.
          I'm a lesbian too.
          I am for hire!

Comment

thats what i thought. Another 40 bucks waisted cuz i didn't research something before i bought it. oh well, i'm just gonna buy a few momentary switches.

Comment

Originally posted by bjm2020
              thats what i thought. Another 40 bucks waisted cuz i didn't research something before i bought it. oh well, i'm just gonna buy a few momentary switches.
              If you can take apart your switch it's very likely that you can convert it to momentary on. (if it's pushbutton or any type with a spring)
              [H]4 Life
              My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
              It will be done sometime in the next generation.
              I'm a lesbian too.
              I am for hire!

Comment

The thing is, the button doesn't control it, it sends an rf signal to a little processor which then turns the accessory on or off so I don't think that I could change it.

Comment

Originally posted by bjm2020
                  The thing is, the button doesn't control it, it sends an rf signal to a little processor which then turns the accessory on or off so I don't think that I could change it.
                  Press the button twice quickly?

Garry
                  Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
                  www.aimee.cc

Comment

i tried that already

Comment

Working...
                    X