Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EPIA startup BEEP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • EPIA startup BEEP

    How the hell can you turn on the M-EPIA without the start up BEEP that is freaking# loud???

  • #2
    IIRC there's something in the BIOS about AC97 speaker on POST...or something. Disable that.

    Otherwise...maybe you're running an old BIOS version. That was a problem with earlier BIOSes, which Via removed in later versions.


    Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Confused
      IIRC there's something in the BIOS about AC97 speaker on POST...or something. Disable that.

      Otherwise...maybe you're running an old BIOS version. That was a problem with earlier BIOSes, which Via removed in later versions.


      Garry
      I thought the EPIA-M didn't have the option to remove the beep unless a real recent BIOS was released to do it...

      -Mario

      Comment


      • #4
        92 Taurus SHO - Daily driver - Epia M10000 80GB 512mb 7" touchscreen, Opus PSU etc

        93 Black SHO - 30mpg cruiser

        90 Silver SHO - 419whp fun/project car, CarPC to come (for tuning)

        Comment


        • #5
          It would be nice to maybe check the VIA website also while you are searching around...

          http://forums.viaarena.com/

          http://www.viaarena.com/

          http://www.viavpsd.com/
          current projects

          Comment


          • #6
            The one problem i am having is when i go to upgrade to the newest file, Flashpoint says that bios image won't fit the motherboard. so it won't upgrade. But i have the Epia M. Not to sure what is going on there. Might go do it the old Dos way...



            Originally posted by DodgeCummins
            It would be nice to maybe check the VIA website also while you are searching around...

            http://forums.viaarena.com/

            http://www.viaarena.com/

            http://www.viavpsd.com/

            Comment


            • #7
              Don't know...luckily they fixed that on the version of Epia I bought.
              current projects

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DodgeCummins
                Don't know...luckily they fixed that on the version of Epia I bought.
                Ya i just went into Dos and upgraded to the newest bios. WOrks fine. beep is gone.

                -MAtt

                Comment

                Working...
                X