Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats wrong with a webcam as a rear view camera??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats wrong with a webcam as a rear view camera??

I see people are buying these $50 rear view cameras. I was just hypothesizing if we just used plain old webcams. Would that work?? Maybe i'm just stupid... Any ideas???
    My carputer

depends. webcams you need a computer to watch. digitalww's $50 rear view camera you just need an RCA input monitor. this means that if you have a LCD for your computer, you don't need to open a program to look back.

Comment

nothing wrong with using a webcam. I got one for 18 bux and works great with my interface.

Comment

What i was thinking about doing was puting 3 inch armor all over my car, and using cameras and visual overlays where the windows would have been. Oh, and a laser that i can target with a touchscreen. Yeah, sounds like a good idea?

Comment

just how powerful would that laser be?
          Stop Buying New Music CD's.
          Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

Hmm, replace the rear view mirror with my new Lilliput with a live rearview. Ah that would be the perfect mounting location.
            Scott

MCS-PC
            Epia M-10000
            XP Pro; 512MB; 60GB (2.5")
            Panasonic Slot SlimDVD/CD-RW
            7" Lilliput (Touchscreen)
            Casetronic C137 w/ 90W PSU (Temp)
            19V Laptop Adapter (Temp)

Comment

Originally posted by Alphared View Post
              nothing wrong with using a webcam. I got one for 18 bux and works great with my interface.
              hi
              can u explain?

Comment

Working...
              X