Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spectrum analyzer (killer lights holmes)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • spectrum analyzer (killer lights holmes)

    Well im startin to rework my sub enclosure... this time Im doin plexi and I thought it would look really tight if I had a spectrum analyzer built out of leds right into the design... but here is the problem... I cant seem to find any curcuits that suit my design. (Here and Google).. So alast Im here writtin this thread... pleading for help....
    Basicly this is what I want to do. I have a design I want to make out of leds and have them all linked up to some sort of curcuit that reads from the line out of my deck unit and display the audio spectrum being played.

    Anyone want to take a wack at it???
    I plan on startin buildin this in two weeks. any info will help.
    Originally posted by menudude
    thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

  • #2
    Try this. It says it's discontinued, but if you check Jameco, or Digi-Key, you may find it. I know I've seen it online somewhere?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by SjLucky
      Well im startin to rework my sub enclosure... this time Im doin plexi and I thought it would look really tight if I had a spectrum analyzer built out of leds right into the design... but here is the problem... I cant seem to find any curcuits that suit my design. (Here and Google).. So alast Im here writtin this thread... pleading for help....
      Basicly this is what I want to do. I have a design I want to make out of leds and have them all linked up to some sort of curcuit that reads from the line out of my deck unit and display the audio spectrum being played.

      Anyone want to take a wack at it???
      I plan on startin buildin this in two weeks. any info will help.
      Hmm.. my first post on this forum and it's not even the obligatory introduction.

      Perhaps one of these will work?
      http://www.web-ee.com/Schematics/Thr...ecAnalyzer.htm
      http://home.iprimus.com.au/wjmoore/pic/proj_spec2.html
      http://www.gold-line.com

      Anyway, there are several other choices listed on Google, but most of them were just three channel. I think the centre one looked the most promising, if you can read that.

      Well, good luck,

      Kris
      (Work in Progress, car currently awaiting replacement steering column after lame-*** tried to steal it)
      [edit for speelig eerors]
      How Much Horsepower Can I have And Still Go To Heaven?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SinnerG
        Try this. It says it's discontinued, but if you check Jameco, or Digi-Key, you may find it. I know I've seen it online somewhere?
        those velleman kits have been discontinued for a bit now.
        if you are lucky enough to even find one on ebay or the likes, be prepared to pay over $100 for them.

        ~mike
        Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
        PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
        2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

        Comment


        • #5
          if you are lucky enough to even find one
          Look at my nick and tell me Im not lucky....
          Originally posted by menudude
          thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

          Comment


          • #6
            found it?

            is this what you were looking for?

            http://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/3chspec.htm

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bdqpdx2000 View Post
              is this what you were looking for?

              http://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/3chspec.htm
              Did you look at the date of that last post??
              The Car 2005 Scion xB

              The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

              Comment

              Working...
              X