PCI Relocator?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCI Relocator?

I've heard of ISA relocators but is there such a thing as a PCI relocator cable? I have an extra GeForce2 MX400 PCI card layin around and was thinkin about maybe using it in my carputer setup, but i don't want to extend the height of my acrylic case i'm designing, so if i could lay it flat on top of the mobo with the extender that would be great.

EDIT- I found a couple threads regarding the flex extender but does it work with graphics cards? I read before that graphics cards are all about timing and extending the slot screws it up, but is that only on AGP?

-Josh

i have used a flexable pci extender with a sound card and that worked great. I have also used an AGP right angle adapter for a graphics card and that worked fine too. I havent tried the flex adaper on a pci graphics card, but i think it would probably be ok.
    System: AMD Duron 1200+ , 512 MB ram , usb sb mp3+ , Tview 7" touchscreen , M1-ATX PSU , Slot Load iMac DVD-Rom , 40 GB laptop HDD, netgear USB 802.11g

Progress: Installation: 90% Dash fabrication: 80%

Parts Needed: USB GPS

Comment

I'm using the following flex PCI cable to connect an ATI AIW VE to my Epia M10000 with no issues at all for the past 3 months.

http://www.servercase.com/miva/miva?...Rackmount+Acce.

It allowed me to sit the card right beside my motherboard and keep the case profile under 2 inches

Comment

Awesome, thanks CanEpia. I'll have to look into getting one when i get all my pc components and start taking exact measurements on how big i need to design the case for it to be just big enough to fit everything.

Comment

http://www.adexelec.com/pci32.htm

Comment

PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
            GammaControl v2.4
            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Okay, not to single you out Spike, this just happens all the time.

Honestly, how do n00bs always find so many old threads to contribute to? I am not surprised when they are looking for info on something and want to ask a QUESTION in a thread they found by searching, but when they want to offer help to someone else... what is the thought process?

"hmm, i'm new at the forum... i want to spread some of my wonderful knowledge... hmm... well i used this PCI riser card once, maybe someone wants to know about those!" *searches* *goes to page 637 of the search results* "oh hey look, someone just asked a question about that!"
              But don't take it from me! here's a quote from a real, live newbie:
              Originally posted by Viscouse
              I am learning buttloads just by searching on this forum. I've learned 2 big things so far: 1-it's been done before, and 2-if it hasn't, there is a way to do it.
              eegeek.net

Comment

OOOOOOOOOOOOOoopppppss....Sorry bout that...but i'll vouch an explination

Well the idea is you search instead of wasting peoples time asking...then you find something but it's somewhat outdated....Then you find more relevant information and update the old post instead of starting a new one...

IMHO that saves a useless thread of the question followed by many worthless replies about going and searching, and at the same time allows for it to be updated...Keeps all the information in one place.

Now it is also true that i didn't realize it was so old when I was researching it (and posting), but it is not some antique problem, case size is still an issue.

Comment

Old post, but a good link!
                  Project "Media-Z" : 99 Camaro Z28 (Click to View)

Comment

Working...
                  X