No announcement yet.

Reply from the ower of Kiwi LCDs web site

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reply from the ower of Kiwi LCDs web site

How is my web site "gay"? What do you have against my product, my website, and lastly a minority group that has different sexual preference than we do? You're full of hate man!! Take your hate crimes elsewhere.
    It's no secret that EIO sells LCD modules for $5, but have you ever tried soldering thin wires to DB25 connector? Or tried to find a 10K ohm potentiometer in your locality?
    Kiwi LCDs are ready to plug and play. No soldering work or tiresome search for the parts is needed. FYI, another LCD seller whose name I don't want to mention sell 20x4 lcds for $105. We plan to sell the same prodct in a near future for half that price.
    My point being--I'm not outragesously overcharging anyone.
    To folks who posted information about TimeLine and All Electronics do you realize TimeLine doesn't have a website, and 20x6 LCDs All Electronics sell doesn't have EL backlight and HD44780 chipset which is ESSENTIAL to interface LCD modules with DB25 parallel port?
    If you want to criticize my product let's be factual, no gay bashing comments or petty badmouthing. I'm open to suggestions and comments.

This is NOT an advertising board. In no place does it say ADVERTISE. Also, 10k and 100 ohm pots are easy to find. I found them. 4x20 LCDs are available from eio, not dinky 4x20. Also, the person who you chose not to mention who sells 4x20 LCDs for $105 also makes the free plugin. I think you owe him a great deal of gratitude (although he has taken a while to come out with v .59) for all the work he has put into the car mp3 player scene. Maybe $105 is too much for most people but maybe its supplementing the time and effort he put into the plugin . Selling cheaper products is fine , as long as you dont use a public bulliten to do it

What's wrong with posting one or two little ads that has relevance to the discussion topic? I don't see anyone else complaining. Hey, to tell the truth atleast my ad has relevance to the discussion topic which is "Hardware Discussion". You're the one who advertised this web site at hardware discussion board saying "the owners of this web site didn't pay you $1000 to do it"
      C'mon man! out with the truth. Why are you so mad about an honest Joe trying to sell nice and easy to install LCDs at affordable price?
      BTW, not all 20x4 LCDs can be interfaced with printer ports or serial port uless they have HD44780 ASCII chip set built inside.

Oh dear..

I, as an unbiased, neutral party, didn't perceive it as advertisement. I perceived it as a valid defence of his site and his product. If someone makes slanderous remarks that have little basis in fact, then kiwi, or anyone else in a similar position has a perfect right to defend his or her site or product, regardless of commerciality or endorsement. The remarks made towards the site in question were slanderous and unbidden. I think that Kiwi's product is well-priced for less electronically-oriented people who want an easy solution that looks good out of the box.

Now, as any good devil's advocate, I must say to kiwi, a) the 'hate crimes' comment was laid on a bit thick, and; b) Timeline does have a web site:

Sorry if I was harsh , i just dont want to see this message board turn into a billboard

I saw the post as protecting himself, what part of that is advertising?
            HomePage and Mp3Car Setup

hmm, looks like those are the timeline LCD's but remember, "you realize TimeLine doesn't have a website"