Found Excellent Sollution to Display Dilema

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found Excellent Sollution to Display Dilema

whistler makes a sweet 4" 12v dc color television thats absolutely perfect for a 'monitor' for what im doing in my '69 chevy. check this out:
    http://www.thedrivingstore.com/whistler/index2.html

<a href="http://www.thedrivingstore.com/whistler/products/co405dcsuper.html">this rather</a>

Comment

How good is the quality? Im asuming it uses RCA cables for input. Do you use a video card with RCA outs?

Thanks

Josh

Comment

its actually a mono headphone jack type input thing..but you can get the RCA-to-mono-headphone-thing adapter at radioshack for a buck and a half.
        i think the picture is excellent. at 640x480 you can almost read the playlist ;)
        ..it looks tremendously cool with some graphic plugins tho.

Comment

Those're relaly expensive! My whole cpu cost 4 times less than that!
          HomePage and Mp3Car Setup

Comment

The quaity is actually decent? I just have to buy a RCA to 1/8mm (headphone size) plug adapter? DO the plugins look that good (Geiss) Can you play games? How easy is windows to control in that enviornment? How much better is the LCD from eio.com, if it is better at all? Im really interested in saving $150 and buying that LCD

Thanks

Josh

Comment

I have a little experience with 4" monitors from several different manufacturers, and guess what?? It seems like they all use the exact same monitor with variances in the board that controls them. The EIO monitor, as far as picture quality, is just as good. Also, PartsExpress sells one for 139, and order project box 320-712, I've been told the 4" LCD fit in there nicely. Jupiter, if you run win98 at 640x480 with really large icons and text, it looks sweet, and Giess absolutely rocks on it. Also, doubling up winamp's size and playlist font size works nicely as well, or use the Ao plugin. complete the box with the X10 remote, and you're rollin!!! Oh yeah...anyone know how to have giess automatically start everytime winamp starts up?

Comment

OOPS, i meant mprover, not jupiter

Comment

Any suggestions for TV out cards? Preferably one that would work under linux.

Comment

Try pricewatch.com. Thry have cheap stuff but I dont know what will work under linux

Comment

That is really really expensive.. for $350 from EIO you can get a 12.1" LCD with 15pin video in (just like on your pc) and up to 800x600.. the quality would be that of a laptop..

Comment

Kinda pricey, but I have an ATI rage 128 in my box...it rocks because the TV out works from boot up, no driver config or anything like that. I got it for $120 at a computer show but I imagine you could find it for a little cheaper at pricewatch. I've also seen a trident/jaton card with TV out on pricewatch on pricewatch for 35 bucks.

Comment

I have that jaton card in my mp3 player. you have to select either tv or vga out with a jumper, it wont do both at once however this isnt really a problem for me. It's a pretty quick card on the 2D side, which is good for many winamp plugins. If you are going to get it for the visualization plugins i would suggest using an intel or amd processor, as my cyrix doesnt run any of the plugins very fast
                          K6-2 450 SBC, miniature case, dc power supply, 5gb laptop hdd

Comment

So if it is jumpered for TV out you see all of the output on a TV including the boot up (ram check etc)?

What is the model number of the jaton card?

Comment

...and is the jaton card PCI or ISA?

Comment

Working...
                              X