Just installed carpc, need new soundcard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just installed carpc, need new soundcard

I just installed my computer in the car and the sound quality isn't good enough.

I need a new soundcard, Ive done a search and it seems soundblaster 16 is adequate?

My sound is going from the computer -> head deck -> amps -> speakers.

Should I spend the extra money on an audigy?

What sound card are you using currently?

Comment

A crappy old one I had lying around, can't remember of the top of my head. But its ISA

Comment

Ah, lol, well i guess it is your sound card thats the culprit. If it was a newer card i was gunna suggest possibly electrical interference I had a sound blaster 16 in my old system and the quality was quite sufficient, i haven't heard an audigy or similar sound card but i don't think they would necissarily have better sound quality, just probably more features such as 5.1 etc

Comment

yeah I knew the card would suck, but I gave it a try

what is the bass like?

Comment

Audigy's are awesome cards for PC's but I like my Soundblaster live value, I think that if your looking for the sound quality for your car go w/ either the 16 or if you can find a SB Live MP3/GAMER/Value card for a reasonable price.

But as NEO said check your electrical too, I know I'm having problems w/ that right now. If you are running cables from say the trunk to your deck make sure that your audio cable is running alone and not next to any power cables otherwise your going to get terrible static and electrical interferance.
            New CarPC on the way again I think. I miss my old one!!!

Comment

If you got the money, the Audigy II or M-Audio Revolution are great sound cards.
              -TJ
              Smart Playlists Plugin for RoadRunner
              CarPC - 05 Acura TL Navi (pics soon)
              Retired CarPC - 03 Infiniti Qx4

Comment

So how about these? Are these ok?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....gory=3701&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....gory=3701&rd=1

At my parents house I know I installed a SB Live! It had a second row of outputs with SPDif etc Would that one be oK?

Comment

Those seem to be good cards, I have the first one myself and have no complaints
                  New CarPC on the way again I think. I miss my old one!!!

Comment

What is the Bass like? I have a sub and it distorts easily with my current soundcard

Comment

on the Live! which I own, it sounds great through my PC speakers, haven't tried through car. bass is excellent.
                      My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
                      2 Kicker Comp 10"
                      Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
                      Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
                      Check it out?!

Comment

I turned the volume down on the computer and now the sound quality is MUCH better

Unfortunately my computer turns itself off now (see other post)

Comment

Working...
                        X