This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mp3ondemand.com

What do you all think of, or have you all heard about MP3ONDEMAND?

Well, from my looking at their products, some do look very nice. (Negative Image LCD mainly) But their prices are way too high in my mind. They may just bring meaning to the term "Smilking the consumer." (Any #MP3Car regular should understand that term.)

Comment

Are you kidding?? Their prices look fine. Do you know what actually goes into one of those things? And with the car unit you get an entire PC. Look around at others and you'll see that their stuff is well worth the price.

Comment

You could make the same thing yourself for $500 to $700. I know you have to figure in labor too, but I still think they could produce those things for much cheaper because they get bulk prices, etc...

~Meatballman

Comment

If any of you were considering the mp3ondemand DC-DC converter you might want to look at the one made by arise computers. The arise unit is a bit cheaper ($110), puts out more power, is in a standard case, and is backed by a reputable company.

-Just a thought

Comment

Bringing back an old thread.
            I ordered my DC/DC power supply from MP3ONDEMAND.com around 11/22/99!!!
            Today is 1/17/00 and I still haven't received it. 2 f%$@*ing months and still nothing. $160 for this kind of service.
            I emailed like 3 or 4 times. Finally did a whois on the domain name and called the guy at home. Got a call back a few days later saying their hard drive had died and they were getting it recovered and would send the order. That was like 2 weeks ago. I left another message this evening wanted to know more on the status. I've already built the computer that will go in the car and have been sitting on it for 2 months. Another week of this and I'll be on the phone with the BBB and the Attorney General's office.
            Hopefully this was just a fluke and is not normal of their service since they have some nice looking products.
            99 C5 vert - not stock - now with no PC :-(

http://thumbs.streetfire.net/AF8B348...E240B5A576.jpg
            Click here to see a Video of my car

Comment

hehehe...MP3 PSU is a joke...Get one from ARISE and you will be glad. Infact i'm willing to bet that the mp3 on demand psu is the same unit from arise, they just added the auto shutdown unit (or should i say $10 timer) to it. And then they turn around and try to sell it for $160.
              abcd-1
              Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
              You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

How about the meci supply? The guys are really talking about it...I just don't understand that -26V out. I always thought parallel ports use -12V. ??

Comment

Ive seen somewhere that 26 volts is used for the LCD, I think . You may want to check that

Comment

I want to keep this thread at the top so they see what a slacker mp3ondemand.com is.
                    I left them another voice message and nothing.
                    $160 and almost exactly 2 months and nothing.
                    Unfortunately I payed with a Bank VISA ATM card and I don't think they offer any protection otherwise I would Visa after them.
                    They have great looking products but otherwise suck!

Comment

I will contact mp3ondemand.com and find out what is going on. If they are unable to meet the demands of mp3car users, I will remove them from our webpages. But, hopefully I will be able to help them in any problems which they are facing and bring them back to fast service. I will keep you all posted!

Comment

yeah, I contacted mp3ondemand a couple of days ago inquiring why there purchase think wasnt working, simply asking if they were still seeling product, and if the same thing that has happened to other customers. Guess what no reply, and i used to be quite impressed with them. oh btw, I also asked how the linux oirt for the mp3ondemand software was coming, yes there will be a linux port but Now I am kinda weary about going with there product.
                        Car
                        1964 Ford Falcon powered by a 1993 Mustang 5.0 EFI, AOD transmission, with disc brakes up front and more mechanical goodies
                        The Player
                        Gone! Soon goign to repalce the screen based system i HAD with an iPod. http://mp3falcon.crazyshaxs.com

Comment

Thanks moon. I would love to be a active part of this message board. But I need my power supply so I can put my computer in the car first! I'll be sure to post pictures. I made the case out of wood. Kind of cool!

Comment

One word to save you effort and money:

INVERTER

Comment

cjones, those laptop power supplies work great. You can get them from mpja.com (where I ordered mine from, $14.95 plus shipping)or here is the link for the same one again $12.95 http://www.meci.com/results.cgi?subs...DC%20Converter

If you need the pinouts, etc to use it let me know. The 26volts is ignored for normal usage. It supplies all the other voltages needed!

Comment

Working...
                              X