Keeping steering wheel controls with new HU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping steering wheel controls with new HU

Well , i am thinking of putting a new head unit in. I have a 96 jeep grand cherokee limited. The thing i really like is the built in controls on the steering wheel to control volume, tracks etc with the factory stereo.

is there a way to keep this function with a new head unit. I am not sure how the are controlled.

Thanks!

do a search
    it has been talked about in here many times
    try looking in the input forums
    but searching is great
    Originally posted by menudude
    thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

Comment

yes i know all but that button and just found someone with about 200 posts of attempts of trying to be funny

well i got a lil help from crutchfield looks like this is the lil baby i need
      http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/P....asp?i=127SWIX

Comment

i have one of these things... i can tell you.. it works alright.. but its not that great... it doesnt work like 90% of the time because of hte fact it needs to be like --> <-- that close to the radio and if it isnt.. it will not work.. my advice is to jsut get used to the after market thing.. but hey.. if you can find a way to get it working better than i can, great... maybe it was jsut mine that came somewhat defective

Comment

Mine works Great no matter where I place it in my truck. I'm using a Kenwood reciever though.

GinoRP

Originally posted by psykiv
          i have one of these things... i can tell you.. it works alright.. but its not that great... it doesnt work like 90% of the time because of hte fact it needs to be like --> <-- that close to the radio and if it isnt.. it will not work.. my advice is to jsut get used to the after market thing.. but hey.. if you can find a way to get it working better than i can, great... maybe it was jsut mine that came somewhat defective
          VIA M-1K Nh; Lilliput 7" Touch; Earthmate GPS; Slim Slot DVD/CDRw; OBD-2.COM; ATI-Pro TV; RF Wireless KB; USB Thumb 802.11b; 7"x3.5"x7" Lexan Case; 40G Laptop HD; PW-70 w/ITPS; Headliner TV Antenna; XPHome; Delorme Streets 2003/Topo USA

Comment

Working...
          X