AMD K6-III+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD K6-III+

I just scored an AMD K6-III+ off ebay. Apparently there are drivers available that allow the CPU clock speed to vary based on the current CPU load(this is called Powernow!). Just wondering if anyone knows where to get these drivers? I've tried a search on google and altavista and havent found anything. Any help would be great(I think I've seen some other ppl here with K6-II+ or K6-III+ CPUs).

Best bet IMO is to check AMD's site for them. Though it sounds odd, speed changes on the fly while operating? *shrug*.. Got an AMD K6-II 350 I wanna down clock to 300 to lower operational needs and heat.
    -=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-
    97 Firebird Formula Convertable - Project R/T
    Project R/T SoundDomain Page
    -=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-

Comment

Technics, hehe u bastard was that the US ebay or the aussie ebay you found that? bus i havn't been able to find a k6-II+ or a k6-III in aussieland ANYWHERE!

cheer dood, nice find too!
      http://www.mp3vl.tk Plans and progress on my install - (Updated 28 June 02)
      Australian mp3car Portal
      mp3car related links Check them out / Add some
      mp3car FAQ - RTFF

[########==]80% Assembling
      -=Current Progress: Working Sproggy supply, building box.=-

Comment

Man if I scored one of those I'd try and overclock an old Pentium laptop! Just think of bumping your old laptop to 400mhz!
        1983 BMW 733i
        Cyrix 166 32MB with MPXPLAY And no display. Player sits on the back seat with a keypad in front. Someday I'll mount this thing for good...
        Gathering parts for carplayer v2.0!

Comment

I have a k6-3 500 it's sweeeeet run it at 600mhz just use a duron heatsink and fan! no big deal ppl!
          it's ben almost a year now.

Comment

Technics, hehe u bastard was that the US ebay or the aussie ebay you found that? bus i havn't been able to find a k6-II+ or a k6-III in aussieland ANYWHERE!
            Here is the link to the auction. And I also found the powernow! driver for a Compaq laptop so I'll give that a go.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/aw-cgi/eBayIS...9&ed=997606662

Comment

I also forgot to mention that I tried to get a K6-II+ a while back. A local supplier had heaps but sold out just before I found out. I was so ****ed so I've been waiting for one to show up on ebay ever since (about 6 months). I personally dont think the CPU was worth any more than $135 but hey I've been bitten by the bug and I just had to have this one.

Comment

$85 us amd k6-3 500. thats in Rotchester Ny

Comment

That's $190 Australian + getting it here.... I think i'll stay with the 450

Comment

Working...
                  X