screen flickering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screen flickering

I have my laptop installed and after at least about 30mins driving around the screen up front in my dashboard flickers along with any music playing. This is just a quick 1 second jump/flickers.

I'm using the s-video output from my laptop to my screen up front. It works perfectly fine for the first 30mins or so when going over any big bumps as well. Then it seems to flicker when going over bumpy ground but sometimes just randomly after a while.

Its not just the music than jumps either. I had media engine running and the screen still flickered when just on the main menu

Any ideas what it could be?

I was thinking the laptop is getting too hot? Can't see that though as its raised and the inbuilt fan is freely pushing the hot air out. Plus its a laptop so should easily be able to handle a bit of heat.
    Volvo C70 - Installation in progress *gulp*

I have a flickering problem with my LCD in my house - I think its the connection mixed with some vibrations. Like your problem it only happens after the system has been running for a while. So it could be your connection
    CarComputer Status: New Car & Broken (Motherboard Fried)
    Owen JH | My Linux Blog | The Tech Fellows

Comment

That shouldn't affect the audio though... as its a completely different connection, which is secure and not loose

Looks like something to do with the actual laptop?

Comment

Make sure your LCD is grounded <-severely reduced my flickering problem.
        2002 Golf TDI With Phatbox . Blue 87 Supra Needs to go, Grey 89 Targa with stock Radio.

Comment

The screen im using only has the positive and negative wires where obvioulsy the negative wire is grounded. So grounding the actual screen shouldn't really make any difference.

Originally posted by Suprapc
          Make sure your LCD is grounded <-severely reduced my flickering problem.

Comment

Working...
          X