Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VGA -> TV converter... Anyone???

Hey Guys...

Does anyone one where i can get one of those VGA to TV (NTSC/PAL) converters for a cheap price?

Thanks...

------------------

Fosgate
    Fosgate

System Comp V3 - In progress.
    Low power MB with C7 CPU, DC-DC PSU, car ECU link, USB TV, GPS, 7" TFT, Wireless, Voice.

I have a very nice vga-tv converter from AITech for $50. Its a cable only, so its nice and compact for the car. I have seen very very little loss of quality. I highly recommend it. It's part # Webcable 1108 (NTSC)and can be found here: http://store.yahoo.com/aitech/gifts.html
    Hope this helps
    --Nick

Comment

i guess a video card w/ TV out is wat u meant Fosgate? im using in WONDER 4000 for my car, its from SiS. bougt it @ $40. nice quality and @ 8mb, its flicker free!

Comment

thanx for the reply guys...

ToxicPoison i will check it out. Its sounds like a good buy...
        Thats exatcly what im looking for.
        Aye couldnt really get a new video car as i dont have much space in my mp3 box, so the only solution i can think of is the converter.

------------------

Fosgate
        Fosgate

Low power MB with C7 CPU, DC-DC PSU, car ECU link, USB TV, GPS, 7" TFT, Wireless, Voice.

Comment

on tomi engdald's page there is a link to the schematics for one

http://www.hut.fi/Misc/Electronics/c...tv/cindex.html

check that page out might help you

pcman
          donate to my team in the ****box rally all proceeds go to the cancer council http://www.everydayhero.com.au/dodgy_mechanics

Comment

Pcman thanx mate...
            i been to that site b4 but couldnt find the converter from VGA to NTSC...
            And just now i found it... Man! i didnt know these things are so simple to construct...
            Only thing is to find a right driver for my video card which supports TV out... that might be bit of challange...

Well thanx again...

------------------

Fosgate
            Fosgate

Comment

Have a look at analog devices website for AD724, this is a small ic that converts vga to PAL/NTSC using minimal external components. im going to build one hopefully next week. They also have free samples.

Andi

http://www.andicorp.com
              Setup: P233MMX, 32MBRAM, 8.4GB HD, CUSTOM DC2DC, 40x2 LCD.

Comment

got a web adress for them

thanks

pcman
                donate to my team in the ****box rally all proceeds go to the cancer council http://www.everydayhero.com.au/dodgy_mechanics

Comment

do a search on analog devices in altavista. found it in 2 minutes!! have ordered samples, but you got to fill out a questionaire first ;-( from the data sheet it looks like we still have to set the hsync and vsync to ntcs/pal standards , so it will depend on the video card/chipset you have .
                  Volvo V40 Phase 2 2002. T4 turbo upgrade.... currently no mp3 or carputer..... researching options

Comment

andicorp i went to analog devices website but couldnt find any free sample ordering section there. If you found it can you please reply with the URL for it ?

Thanks mate

------------------

Fosgate
                    Fosgate

Comment

ry this mate. it will take you to a questionare first but you do get to oredr eventually ;-))http://products.analog.com/products/info.asp?product=AD724

Volvo V40 Phase 2 2002. T4 turbo upgrade.... currently no mp3 or carputer..... researching options

Comment

Thanx Spud...

I got the address of the PCMan and already ordered 2 samples.
                        Soon i will have more time on holidays and will be able to do some prototyping.

I will let you know how it goes...

------------------

Fosgate
                        Fosgate

Comment

Sorry for not answering questions, ive been away.

The turnaround time for the chip is very slow. But there still free.

Ive done the schematic and will do the pcb soon. will post on website when done.

Andi

http://www.andicorp.com
                          Setup: P233MMX, 32MBRAM, 8.4GB HD, CUSTOM DC2DC, 40x2 LCD.

Comment

Hi Fosgate,

Did you get your VGA to TV converter? I got the same problem, I need to use a TV as the monitor for my PC. However my PC has no TV out and AGP slot. I found that the commercial VGA to TV converters are very expensive in Sydney. If I cannot find one, I will build my own converter using AD724/725. Do you know where to buy cheap electronic components such as resisters, capacitors, PCB, etc in Sydney? How about DxxkSmith, it is OK?

Thanks

Comment

please do not abuse free samples from manufacturers, they are there for engineers, not for some hobbyist trying to make something for cheap.

If you plan on making these and selling them, by all means go ahead.
                              [H]4 Life
                              My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                              It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                              I'm a lesbian too.
                              I am for hire!

Comment

Working...
                              X