Car head unit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car head unit

Is there a better head unit than the panasonic Model(CQR255). I just went shopping for a head unit for the system, and that is all they had that had the AUX jack on them.

Ethospace

It sounds like you went to Wal-Mart or something. If you're going to shop for head units, Wal-Mart (K-Mart, Shopco, et al) is the wrong place to go. Try Best Buy, or better yet, go to a shop that specializes in car audio. You'll get a better deal and a better product.
    digitalswirlee.com

Comment

actually I went to circut city for that one please help

Comment

Circuit City may be just as bad as Wal-Mart, but I've never checked out their car audio. Anyhow, like I said, check a pro audio shop, you should be able to find way more than one head unit with aux.
        digitalswirlee.com

Comment

Try, www.crutchfield.com

every panasonic there has an Aux input.
          HomePage and Mp3Car Setup

Comment

Circuit City sucks to put it plainly...Try an audio shop or even Best Buy is better than circuit city (but not by much) I just bought an Aiwa unit that has aux input. All Aiwa Units have this feature. The head is a pretty nice unit in my opinion and i like the quality i get out of it. almost all the units also have at least one set of preamp outputs.

Comment

Consider getting any '99 model year Kenwood with cd changer controls. You can get an
              adapter that connects to the changer controls to allow aux. input. I know Crutchfield sells them they are $29.95.

Comment

all '99 Pioneer units with CD-control built in have a bus adapter that allows aux input as well

Comment

U can bye the AUX (CD-RB20) unit to Almost all Pioneer head units since 1994

Comment

Like I said before, I love my Blaupunkt head unit. It was cheap and had everything i needed to keep the job looking nice (rear AUX in).

Comment

In response to the post about kenwood head units, I have one (a KDC-3011) and I called about the aux input adapters, unfourtunatly for me, I was told that they only work on the high end eXcelon models.

Comment

I have an AIWA CDC-X175M CD Receiver. It has a 1/8" input on the front. It sounds great in all respects ( the bass it puts out is unreal )

It's been slightly updated with a newer model CDC-X176M. There's also a CDC-X146M which has less power and no CD changer support ( but if you have an MP3 player a CD changer is silly )

Comment

I believe that the only decent decks around that will let you use AUX input are the JVC, Panasonic, Pioneer and Blaupunkt.. all others need to have a CD changer connected as well.. correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am..

Comment

One more company that has aux inputs (via an adapter) are the kenwood eXcelon decks.

Comment

You don't need a CD changer hooked up to the AIWA for the input the work and the sound is good IMHO

Comment

Working...
                              X