sponsorship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sponsorship

has anyone ever tried to get sponsorships from local car stereo/computer stores?
    Work In Progress:
    PIII 500Mhz, 128mb ram, 13.6gb hdd, geForce 2mx w/ tv out, soundblaster live!value, 250 watt psu, windows 98lite, voice recognition.

I think having stickers all over your car attracts thieves...specially if your ride looks high tech. How much or what could you get from a sponsor though?
    04 Acura TL w/ core2duo 2ghz laptop w/ 1gb RAM on a docking station.

Fast car, fast PC. ;)

http://www.arcdesigns.net/carpc/

My TL CarPC ver2

FSR Flash Skin w/ moving weather maps

Comment

i don't know.. i just wondered if anyone had tryed it...

my mother (im only 16) suggested trying to get sponsors.. so i just wondered...
      Work In Progress:
      PIII 500Mhz, 128mb ram, 13.6gb hdd, geForce 2mx w/ tv out, soundblaster live!value, 250 watt psu, windows 98lite, voice recognition.

Comment

Your mom sounds like a smart & sensible lady. It certainly can't hurt to try... at the very least, for only a couple of hours or days effort, you'll walk away a little more skilled at negotiating... and diplomatic negotiating can get you far in life.
        My 1-cent opinion...
        ~m
        PII 266, 512 MB RAM, 10 Gig, 36x CD-ROM, 16x DVD, DeLorme GPS, 5.6" LCD Screen, Dschmidt power controller, Keypower ATX DC-DC Supply, PowerAmp Macro controller, Dauphin mini-Kbd.
        Sony Head Unit, Sony Unilink input selector, rear deck Kenwood 6x9's, stock door spkrs... All in my '96 Civic, of course :}
        BC ROCKS!!!

Comment

The only problem I see is that they won't want to sponsor the project because they aren't able to sell your MP3 player.

Comment

its not that they could sell it.. its that they could say they sold the components that helped make it.

also.. instead of stickers all over my car.. i could always were a t-shirt with the sponsors on the back whenever i go someplace or at work.
            Work In Progress:

Comment

To get anywhere, you would have to have a working prototype to be able to show prespective sponsors, which sorta doesn't help.

cheers
              http://www.mp3vl.tk Plans and progress on my install - (Updated 28 June 02)
              Australian mp3car Portal
              mp3car related links Check them out / Add some
              mp3car FAQ - RTFF

[########==]80% Assembling
              -=Current Progress: Working Sproggy supply, building box.=-

Comment

I didn't get sponsored, but a reporter from the DSM Register came with a photographer and I'll be in the Tech.World section in a week. Definetely a good experience !!!!!
                ------2000 S-10 Xtreme----------
                BookPC 433 5.6" LCD
                128mb ATI AIW
                18gb Laptop HD DVD
                GPS TV
                Wireless Internet
                Wireless LAN
                ***VIDEO SURVEILLANCE***

AIM: Kinnish0 (Drop me a line)
                KinnishXtreme( IN CAR SN)

Link To My XtremePC2001 Page
                Pic's of Install Here