HELP!! I need prices of parts in the UK to buy from the UK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! I need prices of parts in the UK to buy from the UK

I need to buy some parts for a batch of MP3 players i'm building for friends and family.
    The problem is, everything (and I mean everything) that I need in for a decent mp3 player is at least twice as expensive in the UK as it is in the US.
    For example, a laptop keypad in the UK is 40 - thats $64!! And an inverter from our equivelent of Radio Shack is 110 - thats $177.
    Could you guys over there please e-mail me with companies, websites, addresses, phone numbers and prices of parts that I can buy over here by mail-order, phone or web!!
    Thanx in advance.

I have found most of the things that I need at pricewatch.com

Comment

Umm, Pricewatch.com is american, not British. Anyhow, why don't you just order the stuff out of the US, if it's that much cheaper down there (relatively from Canada) then after shipping it should still be better than buying from the UK.

BTW: those laptop keypads average $50-$60USD over here too.

Comment

You need to look around more, I bought my inverter for 49+vat and a key pad is 17+vat, both are brand new!

Comment

Hi

My web site details all the parts you need for the UK. All parts come from RS, Maplin etc.

FYI Keypad from www.simply.co.uk 15

check out www.mp3uk.freeserve.co.uk

Graham
          p.s. I use a home built dc-dc PSU not an invertor. Tooooooooo expensive.

Later
          Graham
          --
          GrahamS
          www.mp3uk.freeserve.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X