Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1000 memory compatability question

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...224&pfp=SEARCH

Hey is there anything that I have to watch out for when buying memory for my via m1000 nehemia mobo? Above is a link on some ram-just wondering if anyone knows off the top of their head if its going to work or not.

Thanks,
    -Jason

Well hmmm.... I'm not sure of any M1000 motherboard. You might have a hard time looking for memory for that board. Mainly because the board doesn't exist.

If however your looking for memory for a M10000 then just go get some DDR and throw it in. I have heard stories about the epia's being picky on memory but I've bought two sticks of 256mb DDR as cheap as I could find and haven't had a problem. Just make sure you have a return period.

BTW, I assume it was just a typo on your part and not because you didn't know so don't take it the wrong way...

Comment

Aight, thanks.

-Jason

Comment

I have this 512 meg stick of PC2100 DDR that I bought from Fry's in mine and it works fine.... http://www.outpost.com/product/3325962
        MP3 MR2 (click here for details)
        Hardware: EPIA M10000, 512Meg Ram, 5.6"TFT, Opus 150watt DC-DC PSU
        Software: Windows 2000, Media Engine 2.0

Comment

yeah PNY should be fine. I am using a 256 meg PC2100 PNY stick from compusa
          My JeepPC Install

"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

"it's been agreed the whole world stinks so no one's taking showers anymore"

Comment

I actually bought a 512mb stick of 333 ddr memory-works like a champ. They didn't have 512 of 266 ddr in stock...

-Jason

Comment

I think people have had trouble with 1GB chips. My question is this... how do you know its PC2100 RAM, theoretically speaking? If you take a look at this link:

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merch...egory_Code=VMB

Where it says memory, all it lists is 1 DDR266 DIMM socket. If it wasn't for the related items section, how would a non-techie know which ram chip to buy?

Comment

Originally posted by afr0puff
                Where it says memory, all it lists is 1 DDR266 DIMM socket. If it wasn't for the related items section, how would a non-techie know which ram chip to buy?

PC2100 runs at 266mhz. And, chances are, you won't be buying a motherboard and RAM in the first place if you're a non-techie.

I don't know anyone that doesn't know enough about RAM to know that PC2100 = 266mhz, and is still comfortable buying his own computer parts without assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by Banderon
                  I don't know anyone that doesn't know enough about RAM to know that PC2100 = 266mhz, and is still comfortable buying his own computer parts without assistance.
                  Hi... my name is afr0puff, nice to meet you!

Comment

Working...
                  X