shuttle pc question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shuttle pc question

I am in the process of purchasing a Shuttle SB61G2. I was wondering if I would need the fan and heatsink that is provided by intel with the processor. I know that the shuttle comes with it's own special fan that goes over the processor but I don't know if it works with the intel fan or if it is completely independant. All I need to know is should I just buy the processor itself or should I get a retail package of a processor that includes the fan and heatsink for my shuttle pc. If the shuttle doesnt need the fan and heatsink that comes with the processor then I can save some money by buying a processor off of ebay without the fan and heatsink.

Intel will only warrenty processors equipped with the fan that came in the retail box. If that matters to you. Even "upgrading" the fan won't go if intel finds out. I dunno how they'd know, but they might find a way i.e. have you send it in with the fan. Just my spare change.
    2006 Chevy Colorado: VIA M10000 EDEN, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB 2.5" Seagate HDD, USB Slim Slot DVD/RW, Holux GPS, MobileVU 10.4" LCD (touch not working yet), VOOMPC Case (blue), 70W DC-DC supply.

Comment

You do not need the fan/heatsink for the CPU. Mine is sitting here unused.
      Fabricator

Comment

So let me get this str8. The CPU is cooled by using the "Shuttle I.C.E." system that comes with the shuttle pc?

Comment

Originally posted by G35Pimp
          So let me get this str8. The CPU is cooled by using the "Shuttle I.C.E." system that comes with the shuttle pc?
          Correct. It is a heatsink with four tubes that conduct the heat to a remotely located fan at the rear of the case. Seems to work fine. I've had mine for over a year now. Had to send it in once under warranty when the on-board LAN stopped polling, and have had it back for a month now with a replaced mobo.
          Fabricator

Comment

is this some nissan/infiniti chillout place? i'm participatin
            Current Status: For Sale

Specs
            - 1.5Ghz Toshiba Laptop (available - no screen)
            - Indash Motorized 7" VGA TS
            - DeLorme GPS (sold)
            - Power Inverter (sold)
            - Pioneer HU (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by carabuser
              is this some nissan/infiniti chillout place? i'm participatin
              didn't get that.

Comment

Most active users in this thread:
                G35Pimp, Altimat
                cars made by: Nissan

but that was way ot
                Current Status: For Sale

Specs
                - 1.5Ghz Toshiba Laptop (available - no screen)
                - Indash Motorized 7" VGA TS
                - DeLorme GPS (sold)
                - Power Inverter (sold)
                - Pioneer HU (sold)

Comment

Working...
                X