Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IR Help...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IR Help...

    I searched for IR and couldnt find anything specific to what I was looking for.
    I was looking for an IR receiver(preferably USB) so I can connect my cellphone(for GPRS Internet), and a webtv keyboard. Where could I get one that would be compatible with Windows XP? Also, could I use, both my cellphone, and the webtv keyboard at the same time? Would the software for the cellphone take over the port for the IR, from the software controlling the webtv keyboard? Or is it shared so I can have more than one device connected at the same time?

    Thank You
    -- Matt

  • #2
    You can only connect one thing at a time to the IR port and here is a link to ebay items that you could try.
    Steve

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by cybuch
      You can only connect one thing at a time to the IR port and here is a link to ebay items that you could try.
      Steve
      Oh that sucks. Thanks for the info and link. I guess the only way to use both, is to buy 2 IR recievers, and keep the signals seperate?

      Comment


      • #4
        what do we need to do to connect a web tv keyboard and a usb IR reciever ?
        ALIBABA - I30 99
        Nemiah M10000, C134
        DVD, 40Gig, 256MB DDR
        GPS, OBD 2, Reverse Cam
        Mute on stereo w I300 car kit
        Liliput 7in w usb touch screen
        Direct connect with BOSE-CD changer

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by skassama
          what do we need to do to connect a web tv keyboard and a usb IR reciever ?
          Read this thread here. I guess you need to program all the keys in manually.

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks for the info, I do have a IR reciever which I have used to xfer data. My questions is how to program it and if any utility is avalible for this.....

            tnx
            ALIBABA - I30 99
            Nemiah M10000, C134
            DVD, 40Gig, 256MB DDR
            GPS, OBD 2, Reverse Cam
            Mute on stereo w I300 car kit
            Liliput 7in w usb touch screen
            Direct connect with BOSE-CD changer

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by skassama
              Thanks for the info, I do have a IR reciever which I have used to xfer data. My questions is how to program it and if any utility is avalible for this.....

              tnx
              Maybe Grider could be used for this. You would have to program every key. But maybe there's another program that someone knows of that will work better?

              Comment


              • #8
                could you give me that again as the link dont work
                ALIBABA - I30 99
                Nemiah M10000, C134
                DVD, 40Gig, 256MB DDR
                GPS, OBD 2, Reverse Cam
                Mute on stereo w I300 car kit
                Liliput 7in w usb touch screen
                Direct connect with BOSE-CD changer

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by skassama
                  could you give me that again as the link dont work
                  Sorry, I spelled it wrong.. Here's the link.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X