Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody want to show a laptop based setup?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody want to show a laptop based setup?

Please post a picture or description of good placement for a laptop based carputer. So far I attached the docing station for my T20 behind passanger seat.
    ProjectEZP.com next generation police speedtrap locator. Free database for your GPS system (includes US/Canada).

i'm actually installing a laptop police style and just bought a laptop stand from ebay. i am really excited... i am working on the software end of everything... working out the bugs of my slow laptop so that i can actually see divx movies without jitters, and working on using my phone w/ bluetooth dongle as a modem so i can be online all the time. $20 a month from tmobile for unlimited gprs connection. so that's just my project.

Comment

whats the bandwidth on the gprs connection? if its anything decent then I will switch from orange
      if you can't find time to do it right, when are you gonna find time to do it over.

Comment

my laptop in mounted In the boot, on the back of the rear seat on the left hand side. my power wires run down the right and all my data and signal run down the left. the my.
        http://iamnot.azn.nu

Comment

I've helped one guy make a false floor in the passanger floor, because he needed an easy way to take it out.

But if you can fit it under the actual seat then you should try that.
          Mine needs to be updated.

Comment

what ports will the docking station give you?
            -
            My cars
            -

Comment

Laptop carputer

I'm running a IBM T23. Just getting all the part for the carputer now. Will need to flush mount the lilliput screen to my 2 din opening. And also need to run power and audio cables to an amp in the back. I plan to put the laptop in the front footwell against the firewall, and build a I have no room under my seats and I want to keep all the cables as short as possible.

My parts list so far:
              Thinkpad T23 /built in wifi =)
              d-link usb fm radio
              radio shack GPS
              Lilliput 7" TS
              4 port pcmcia usb 2.0

Still need:
              Storix usb 2.0 dvd
              usb IR

Comment

Originally posted by jol
                what ports will the docking station give you?
                audio in/out/mic
                parallel/serial ports
                USB
                mouse
                keyboard
                FDD/DVD bay connector
                power
                ProjectEZP.com next generation police speedtrap locator. Free database for your GPS system (includes US/Canada).

Comment

Here is mine.
                  current projects

Comment

Working...
                  X