Audi Sound Input

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi Sound Input

I am planning to take out my Audi Bose headunit and use my computer as the headunit. Do any of you Audi guys know how to do this? What do I need and where do I hook it up? I really want to keep the stock amp. I also want to be able to have like surround sound from DVDs and stuff. Thanks.
    2003 Audi A4 1.8t (Totaled, Project Canceled)

You'll probably need a preamp to get the signal powerful enough to drive your amp...preamps are sometimes built into equalizers or mixers.
    MP3 MR2 (click here for details)
    Hardware: EPIA M10000, 512Meg Ram, 5.6"TFT, Opus 150watt DC-DC PSU
    Software: Windows 2000, Media Engine 2.0

Comment

a sound card out is 2v and that is the old "standerd" i think you will be fine, you will need a 4 or 5.1 sound card, some head phone jacks, wire and heat shrink tube. find a wiring diagram for the sound sys and you should be set. and you should keep the bose amp with bose speakers. and also don't use non bose speakers with the bose amp. a lot of bose speakers are .5 - 1.5 ohm.
      now working on my Dodge Dak
      toshiba portege == done
      audigy2 NX == done
      7" flush mount == 0%
      pimp rating == 48%

Comment

Originally posted by killerfishes
        a sound card out is 2v and that is the old "standerd" i think you will be fine, you will need a 4 or 5.1 sound card, some head phone jacks, wire and heat shrink tube. find a wiring diagram for the sound sys and you should be set. and you should keep the bose amp with bose speakers. and also don't use non bose speakers with the bose amp. a lot of bose speakers are .5 - 1.5 ohm.
        Ok, I got a wiring diagram and I will be using the Via Epia M1000 On board 6ch sound. I'm just not sure how the sound car will be connecting to the amp.

Comment

Spaceboy - where did you find that wiring diagram by chance?

there is another individual on this board who is currently looking for one for his 2003 Audi A4 1.8t.

I know you haven't been on this board in quite some time, but maybe, just maybe you might see this and answer here:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=841234

Thanks,
          Jan Bennett
          FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Im thinking of removing my bose in my 01 tt too, im curious will you miss the song display in the dash cluster or will you integrate it some how? Also I could really use that wiring diagram too if you could share it.

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
              Spaceboy - where did you find that wiring diagram by chance?

there is another individual on this board who is currently looking for one for his 2003 Audi A4 1.8t.

I know you haven't been on this board in quite some time, but maybe, just maybe you might see this and answer here:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=841234

Thanks,
              Ah. I feel so bad that I never saw this. Hopefully he found what he needed.

Originally posted by southtarnation View Post
              Im thinking of removing my bose in my 01 tt too, im curious will you miss the song display in the dash cluster or will you integrate it some how? Also I could really use that wiring diagram too if you could share it.
              Well I never ended up doing this as my car was totaled right about when I was going to start work on it. I did get another Audi and decided to go another route. Currently it has an AvicD3 and I do miss the display sometimes, but it's not a big deal. With a car computer, I'm more than confident that you could interface with it.

I'm not sure if the diagrams I have are applicable to your car but here: Audizine B6 A4 Stereo Information Thread. Good luck! Let me know if I can help you out.

Comment

Working...
              X