Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STD on Nehemiah

Hi Folks,
    I have been looking around here and the manual and the via website but cannot find a definitive answer to this question. Does the M10000 board from Via support STD? (suspend to disk) I can use suspend to ram but sometimes the PC comes back by itself and kills my car battery. Anyone know if there is a bios update to support STD?
    Peter
    Stop Buying New Music CD's.
    Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Isn't that a feature of XP, not the Bios !? or does it have to be on the bios for XP to install it ??
    Home Page
    New '93 R1
    http://member.newsguy.com/~gfxfctry/...Signiature.jpg

Comment

I know that if the BIOS supports it, you can turn it on in the display properties under screen savers. Maybe when I hybernate it is suspending to ram and not to disk? I don't know, Im gonna go to Technet and look it up.

Originally posted by RX7FDTT
      Isn't that a feature of XP, not the Bios !? or does it have to be on the bios for XP to install it ??

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

when you hibernate it definately is suspending to the disk. while in hybernation you can even unplug the computer. when you suspend it is not.
        car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

Comment

Thanks, I found this on the technet website.

Windows XP supports Hibernate capabilities (ACPI S4 sleep state). Windows XP S4OS Hibernate is available on new computers and upgrades that meet the requirements for the correct video drivers and no VXD audio drivers.

My board only lists up to the S3 state. According to the motherboard manual S3 state is "suspend to ram" I guess that means the answer is no. Or, I am successfully suspending to disk but that device that controls reboot on power resume is starting the machine up when I'm not in the car and this is killing the battery. I think I will re-wire so that the computer is not powered by a constant hot line, but switched and see what happens. If I am suspending to disk correctly then it shouldn't make any difference if I take away power after suspending. If anybody has a differing opinion, let me know.

Thanks,
          Peter

Originally posted by robiewp
          when you hibernate it definately is suspending to the disk. while in hybernation you can even unplug the computer. when you suspend it is not.

Comment

Interesting. I have a M10000N and have had no problems hibernating it. Do you have hibernating enabled in the power options?

Comment

i can hybernate with my m9000 too... but it takes so damn long I never use it.
              car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

Comment

do you have them connected to constant power or switched? Yea, hybernation is enabled in xp and s3 is set in the bios.....

Originally posted by kami333
                Interesting. I have a M10000N and have had no problems hibernating it. Do you have hibernating enabled in the power options?

Comment

Constant power but I've moved it between my house and car so I know that it's not just suspending to ram.

Comment

well, that leaves the power board in my machine. I bought the pc used and don't have the manual for it. I don't really know what it's for. Maybe it is triggering the machine on and killing the battery that way? Don't know, but I think if I hybernate the machine and power it with a switched lead,the dead battery problem will go away.

Comment

Working...
                    X