Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help on audio for dvd

I have a kenwood cd deck, front outputs go to a two channel amp for my
    speakers and rear outputs go to a mono amp for sub.

I got a car dvd player that I put under the passenger seat. How
    should I hook this up to my car stereo?

You should check the specs on the kendwood deck. There's a good possibility that there's an AUX / cd changerconnection on the back. This would be the choice way to connect into your system.
    car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

Comment

I don't have an aux, I have a cd changer control which looks like a plug at the end of a pc keyboard only bigger. Only kenwood cd changers use that plug.

Comment

Here's a pic of the dvd player. I just don't know how to hook it up to my existing car stereo and amps. Anyone help?

dvd player

Comment

Originally posted by bass2040
          I don't have an aux, I have a cd changer control which looks like a plug at the end of a pc keyboard only bigger. Only kenwood cd changers use that plug.
          You should be able to find an adapter cable that plugs into the Kenwood head unit which will give you a RCA Aux input.

I don't know what model HU you have, but here is a an example of an aux-in adapter cable I found for Kenwoods:
          http://www.justkenwood.co.uk/stock01/auxin.asp

Comment

You can also find one here.
            System:
            Epia M1000 w/512MB PC2100, Xenarc 700TS, ATI 7500 PCI, OPUS 150 PSU, 2.5 40GB 5400 HDD, 802.11g PCI, Slim Slot DVDR,
            Gyration RF Kybrd, OBDII adpt. + sftwr, XP pro, iGuidance/Royaltek GPS NAV, XMPCR, Kenwd KAC-8401 4 chnl amp, 10" pwd sub

Comment

Thanks, just ordered one from Crutchfield.

Comment

Working...
              X