Help! I think I have a bad Mini-ITX!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I think I have a bad Mini-ITX!

Well I got all ready to install the thing last night and got everything hooked up and started it up. OK, the power supply powers up and the fan on the CPU starts spinning, and...that's it. Nothing else happens...no monitor activity or anything. I figured it might be the ram, though I thought I got the right kind (PC2100 DDR 266MHz), so I switched it out with another stick of 256 that is also 2100 DDR 266...still nothing. Am I doing something wrong or do I have a bad board? Any ideas or things to try?

Thanks,
    Dan

Why don't you give us a little detail about your system. (mobo, ps, case, monitor, etc).
    MikeH

Comment

Well, it isn't much of a system yet. I was trying to power it up for the first time to make sure everything works. No case, 250w power supply from an old gateway, and a gateway monitor.

Comment

Which itx board?
        Did you already have it working?
        if so...what has changed?
        Does it provide a beep code?
        any led activity?
        ect....
        2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

I had the same problem as you. I had tyo RMA my board back to the shop.

Comment

OK heres an update...I've been playing around with it for a little while. No devices will power up (CDrom, hd etc) unless nothing is connected to the IDE cables. If nothing is connected, the drives spin up fine, but I still get nothing on the screen. I think this thing is shot..

Comment

You might try checking to see if your IDE cables are hooked up correctly. On my old system if the cables were backwards it would act like that.

Comment

Me Too

I also had tons of issues with my Mini-ITX. (m10000 to be exact) I finally went the RMA route....bummer. I'm still waiting for the replacement.
                You can read about my ordeal HERE

Comment

I dont know if the itx boards have a cmos clear jumper but if it's set to clear the unit wont power on and the drives wont spin up when connected
                  肚子笑痛了
                  S60 Install

Comment

I get this alot with my Eden Epia 800.

If you attach a IDE cable and no drives or the wrong way around, it just spins up the cpu fan and that's about it. No beep codes, nothing.

I found the only way to get it to reset is to disconnect the ATX cable, wait about a minute and then plug the ATX cable back in. Works fine after that.
                    My CarPC install piccies http://www.celica-club.co.uk/cgi-bin...at=561&thumb=1

Comment

Originally posted by NJay
                      I get this alot with my Eden Epia 800.

If you attach a IDE cable and no drives or the wrong way around, it just spins up the cpu fan and that's about it. No beep codes, nothing.

I found the only way to get it to reset is to disconnect the ATX cable, wait about a minute and then plug the ATX cable back in. Works fine after that.

Your absolutely right. You jogged my memory with this one NJay. If your IDE cable is backwards it will power up but nothing else will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by pc832
                        Your absolutely right. You jogged my memory with this one NJay. If your IDE cable is backwards it will power up but nothing else will happen.
                        If memory serves, I believe a bad IDE controller could also cause this problem as well.
                        The ALEXIS Project
                        MP3---VIDEO---GPS---REARVIEW---OBD---SKINNING
                        Color Coding :
                        DONE / MOSTLY DONE / BASE FEATURES / WORKING CONCEPT / NO CODE COMPLETED

Comment

My Epia M10000 has a bios reset jumper on the board, it's near the memory slot.
                          Stop Buying New Music CD's.
                          Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

Working...
                          X