Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• standalone cd/fm combo-w computer itsa DVD player

Check out this new dvd/fm combo.

VPC (Vision process controller) integrated the 16X DVD-ROM and audio (FM/CD/MP3) / video (VCD/DVD/JEPG) entertainment players with patents worldwide.
    The unique sound systems of SRS WOW and EQ built inside of VPC is enhancing the performance of normal external speakers more than of Hi Fi Dolby sound equipment.
    A large-area VFD Panel with auto radio scheme and creates a sophisticated and vogue appearance.

Main Feature:
    * It is standalone Hi-Fi system without software supported.
    * PC Power Off
    Playable CD-DA/MP3/FM(US/Europe and Japanese band)
    * PC Power on--16X DVD ROM Drive
    Playable DVD/VCD and CD-DA/MP3/FM(US/Europe and Japanese band) with Hi-Fi system
    * 5 modes preset audio equalizer (Rock/ Jazz/Classic /Flat/Pop)
    * SRS's WOW audio processor(SRS / SRS WOW / SRS TruBass / Stereo)
    * PC-sound displayed on the VFD (Vacuum Fluorescent Display) front panel
    * All functions by infrared remote control is a possibility
    * Downward compatible with most of PC and easy to installation

Functions:
    1. Sleep timer: the sleep time in sequence:60, 45,30,15, off
    2. AB repeat: Play only a specific portion of a track repeatedly
    3. Recall: Last status recall automatically at power on
    4. Alarm clock
    http://www.asour.com.tw/pro_vpc1000.shtml

The only problem, if you call it a problem, is that it is not slot loading.
    Oh, you are probably wondering how much it costs:

Dear Mike,

Thank you for inquiry by e-mail.

RE: VPC-1000 SAMPLE OBTAIN
    We are going to anticipate CES from Jan.08~11. at Las Vegas, and scheduled to visit our customers on the way of show Journey. Probably you may obtain a sample by visiting our show booth #71107 Silver Exhibits. We will demo the real product to you if you can visit us.

RE: DISTRIBUTOR IN USA
    We regret to inform you that we are not able to advise any distributor in USA market region to you. As a matter of fact, we have already begun to selecting potential agents to represent our company for VPC-1000 in USA/Canada regions few weeks ago. The exact distributors will be determined after the CES show. We apologize for any inconveniences would cause to you.

Sample price $200/unit.
    Payment term: cash (if you could visit us) or T/T in advance.
    Sample charge is refundable upon receiving your first trial order.

Wish you a happy and prosperous new year and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Viviane Wang
    Assistant Manager
    Asour Technology Inc.
    Tel: 886-2-26498057
    Fax:886-2-26498004
    [email protected]
    I would get one if I had some money left over from xmas. If anyone has a chance to see it at CES please report!

I thought there would be more interest in this as it gets rid of redundancy and doesnt require you to start up the incar computer (if it is in the house, etc). This would work as a head unit replacement

Comment

Originally posted by mxxxxxm2
      I thought there would be more interest in this as it gets rid of redundancy and doesnt require you to start up the incar computer (if it is in the house, etc). This would work as a head unit replacement
      But how is it powered ? 12v or by the computer 5v.
      If it doesnt accept 12v it would be necessary to start the pc also.
      It doesnt have amplifier built in or does it.How will you power the speakers if you dont have an amplifier.

If it can power the speakes and work on 12v its a great headunit replacement.
      Here in Portugal we have great weather, lots of brunnets, party a lot,drink a lot....
      http://img138.echo.cx/img138/896/bannerjoshua5dy.jpg

Comment

http://www.directron.com/vpc1000.html

Comment

the manual http://www.asour.com.tw/vpc1000_doc.pdf

Comment

it'd be nice in the dash if the whole thing weren't already plugged with a screen.

Sounds like a plan for the next car install though!
            car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

Comment

Other Requirements?

what else is still required while using this? is the pc still needed? or only part of the pc? or what?.. also, has anyone tried it yet?

Comment

I haven't bought one/tried it, but if you read the information closely your question is answered. nothing esle (well, it's not magical...) is required. You could consider it a CD/DVD/FM deck in a home audio system- it outputs sounds, requires power, and then does its job. It also has an IDE connector on it, which is what makes it more
                car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

Comment

This is cool. But not quite there yet. It needs a good amp (like a head unit) and the ability to burn CD's and it would be great!!
                  So far:
                  M10000 Nehemiah, 1Gb RAM, Opus 90w PS, Buffalo Tech WLI2-USB2-G54, 160 Gb HDD, GlobalSat BU-353 GPS, iGuidance, Zippy EL-610, Panasonic CW8123B Slim Slot CDRW/DVD, 10" Lilliput, Sony XA-300, Sony CDX-MP30 Head, OBD-II

Comment

So has anyone used one of these in their carputers yet? I'm thinking of using this with an amp instead of a head unit, since it can play CDs, MP3 CDs and radio without the computer.

It would be nice to have a DVD-ROM drive mounted in my dash, and I think this is the closest thing to a head unit that acts as an IDE drive.

Comment

Working...
                    X