Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you resume an mp3 after turning off/on your car?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you resume an mp3 after turning off/on your car?

I'm pretty new to this car pc forum, but I'm wondering how you guys resume the music (mp3) you were playing before you turned off your car? First I was assuming that you would want to put your car pc into hibernate mode, but I understand that this will slowly drain your battery, so it's probably not a good idea. Are there plugins for WinAmp that will resume whatever you were playing when it's run again?

Thanks

There are plugins that can do that. Look in the software section to find a frontend that can do that, there are many good pieces of software there. (most are intended to use with a touchscreen)
    ShinkunoNamida have a list with frontend software, and Seraph made a list too. Cant remember if it lists resume as an option though. Check it out, or tell some more about your project.

cvi

Comment

Originally posted by fatman
      First I was assuming that you would want to put your car pc into hibernate mode, but I understand that this will slowly drain your battery, so it's probably not a good idea.
      Umm... that's not true... hibernate is almost like a full system shutdown. Instead of erasing all your info, it stores it to a part of the drive and when it resumes, it gathers all the info from there instead of a full boot. On the other hand, standby saves all your info to the memory, and memory uses power to stay on. Standby is what drains your battery. I just downloaded winamp 5.0... it resumes from hibernation.

Comment

I was looking at winamp plugins for a keypad and found this one, it also has an mp3 resume feature. You will proabaly be able to find a plugin that will just resume mp3s but this does the trick.
        http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=130984

You don't have to use the keypad part of the plugin, just enable the resume feature.

Graham

Comment

Originally posted by fatman
          I'm pretty new to this car pc forum, but I'm wondering how you guys resume the music (mp3) you were playing before you turned off your car? First I was assuming that you would want to put your car pc into hibernate mode, but I understand that this will slowly drain your battery, so it's probably not a good idea. Are there plugins for WinAmp that will resume whatever you were playing when it's run again?

Thanks
          My software (CarBox, listed in my signature) resumes when you restart the application. It was one of my prime core directives

GingerPrince

Car changed for TVR Griffith 500, so computer de-installed. Using a Dension 100ix w/60Gb HD unit in the interim.

Carputer Install - http://www.stuffandting.com/carputer/
          CarBox Software -- http://www.stuffandting.com/carbox/

Comment

Thanks, you guys have helped a lot!

Comment

media engine does this I think.
              Continued Worklog... Upgrades in progress:
              *15.4" WXGA LED backlight touchscreen upgrade
              *Custom fiberglass dash bezel

Comment

Working...
              X