No announcement yet.

fried mother board , i think . . . .

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fried mother board , i think . . . .

ok , i am a retard. why? read on........
    while putting my 'puter back together the other day i broke the power switch off of the wire that goes to the motehrboard. then (a few hours later) i was downloading something big-ish so i thought i would look at the switch / wire to see how easy it was to join back together. I accidently jammed one end off the wire into the h/d and my computer just stopped going. the best i can convince it to do is turn on , beep , and turn off. nothing else. i have taken it to bits and tried turning it on at various stages of to-bits-ness , and it alwasy displays the same behaviour (i even took everything _including_ the processor out).
    does this sound like a mothered mother board?
    i think it may be
    stupid quote # 1 : "i dont do drugs , i only ever smoke pot when i'm coming down" , Me , 6 september , 2001.

Sounds like the MB is dead, especially if this is an AT motherboard and you hit it with 220/110VAC. Have you tried clearing the CMOS?
    Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
    Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
    "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Yup. The MB is dead.

Emm, I have a possible mb problem I think, p4 2.4, which I ran at 3g for a few days, no problem etc very stable not a single crash, only a 5degC increas in temp, ie 46 to 51 degrees, so I thought all was ok.

Now its not as good as it was, it seems really slow, the cpu is reporting 80-90degrees all the time but its cold to the touch........

????? wtf's going on!

I bought the cpu I have because it was rated as being able to OC to about 3.2, but never went that far.

So much for a fast carpc install, now its fast on the specs but slow as a pII
        Lez, more widely known as flez1966

You will probably get a better response if you create a new thread, instead of reviving a 3+ year old one!
          2005 Ford Focus ST

Dead mobos make me laugh
              Caputer Mk. II
              '02 VX Holden Commodore Series II Executive
              MII12000, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD (5400rpm), 16X DVD, TS200V
              Morex 60W DC-DC, Custom S/SDC
              OS/Software: Developing...

eeek. must watch the date more often, how long have I been sat at this keyboard.
                Lez, more widely known as flez1966