No sound on M10000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No sound on M10000

I have a M10000 and cant get any sound to come out the speakers. I have reloaded the driver multiple times running windows xp. The driver does not appear to be not working eg exclamation mark. Music is able to be played in media player but no sound. any help ? or is my board stuffed ?

the m10000 has a new bios out. flash the bios with the latest version which can be found on their website.

James

Comment

flashed the bios - still not working - this is really annoying
      as soon as i get the sound working i am ready for my install

Comment

So with the exclaimation mark what does it say? Just that an error occured or something like that? I am currently installing the drivers on mine and have had no issues in the past. I have had to go into add new hardware, and go thru that way before to get the audio and lan to take on some machines, might try that. I assume you are on a fresh install of XP?
        2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

It seems the computer is not recognizing the chip on the sound card.

If you open winamp, and you play songs, would it say "no sound hardware detected?" or would you see the graphical bars indicating that music is being played?
          New Lilliput EBY701 For Sale http://www.nusantech.com/index.asp?c...at=TOUCHSCREEN
          SiRF3 Bluetooth GPS http://www.nusantech.com/index.asp?cat=GPS

Comment

go in the bios and make sure its turned on.

Comment

Originally posted by siueclipse
              go in the bios and make sure its turned on.
              Try using the headphones jack on the front of the Motherboard instead of the plugs at the back. THere are modes where the three plugs at the back become seperate channel outputs.

Comment

Thanks guys - When i play songs it looks like they are playing - does not come up with any errors or anything. Just no sound. Will try the front jacks soon and see how i go. Can put another sound card in pci slot and it will work. definately enaled in bios too. sorry for the confusion on the exclmation mark but there is no exclamation mark or red cross etc.

Comment

Working...
                X