Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running remote signal to amp from parallell or serial port?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running remote signal to amp from parallell or serial port?

Hi! Is it possible to have the amp turn on when windows is ready, and not when the machine is turned on? I'd really like this, because the start-up beep on the EPIA M-10000 is REALLY annoying..

Any other way to bypass this problem is greatly appreciated!

how about off the psu? or would you still get a beep. altho i dont think mine beeps anyways, m10000
    tom.

Comment

Well.. If i run it off the psu, it would still beep.. I need the amp to turn on AFTER the posting is done.. What bios do you got?

Comment

ummm maybe you could make a parallel controller of some kind (don't ask me on how!!) but maybe set it up to send a signal to the parallel port on boot up and then that would act as your remote wire on your amp... thats the only way I could see it being done, but you would have to create the hardware and software from scratch... have you tried to search the forums at all?
        New CarPC on the way again I think. I miss my old one!!!

Comment

Yes, I've tried searching.. Well, back to the drawing board... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by burnout.no
            Yes, I've tried searching..
            Not well enough, evidently

This thread has everything you really need for XP, as well as a link to a relay controller card

Maybe the front-end software you are running could be adapted to include something like this? I know for one I am going to ask coyote to add something like this for MediaCar, as it will be useful for me

Garry
            Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
            www.aimee.cc

Comment

Originally posted by Confused
              Not well enough, evidently
              Oh yeah, I must be blind! Sorry about that.. Thanks for the link! That start-up sound is truly annoying! Anyone else that has it..?

Comment

I'm SURE that they have removed the startup beep from the M10000...i have one...and there is no beep

You must be running an old version of the BIOS.

The only thing I get is a "thump" when i turn it on with the amp on, and a "thump, WHIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr....." when the computer turns off with the amp on.

If i can get coyote to include that in MediaCar, then that will be very useful

Garry
                Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
                www.aimee.cc

Comment

Hmmm.. Bios 1.0B or something, downloading a new one now.. :-) *fingers crossed* Just imagine the fun.. 4speakers + 1sub, 100% volume, and that start-up beep at 02:00AM.. Enough to give any man a heart-attack!

Comment

Are you using the onboard sound? Because I turned that off in BIOS and use an Audigy PCI card and I don't get a beep through my amp/speakers. My amp powers up at the same time as my PC via a relay. I can hear a little beep from the case speaker but my PC is in the trunk and it's hardly audible.

Comment

Yes, onboard sound.. As of now, my amp is also powered by the same relay as the PC.. Looking into the DTR-link Confused gave me, though...

Comment

If you're still getting the start up beep on an EPIA, it's probably time to check for an updated driver pack or BIOS. This was a problem with the EPIA 800 originally, but an update saw it fixed.
                        http://carpc.riposte.net
                        I reserve all rights in connection to each post I author, without exception.

Comment

I did what http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=20244 said, and it works like a charm! PLUS, I don't get the annoying sound when machine is cut off before the amp is..

It's an M-10000 , upgraded to last bios.. Now everything (ehrm, almost) works like it's supposed.. Only need get widescreen res. and the new m.e. 2.0 ... :-)

Comment

Working...
                          X