car alarm recommendations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car alarm recommendations

Im trying to decide which alarm to get for my 99 Grand am, I can get any alarm installed for 150$ and trying to decide what alarm to get, either the Autopage RS850 Vs PRESTIGE 996. (what is the diff between the 996A and 996C?) I want to spend under 200$ for the actual alarm. Which one do u guys recommend? Another question is where to find accesories for it, I would like at least 1 backup batt+siren, plus a few piezo alarms, are they proprietary to each brand or can I just buy any?
    Pontiac Grand Am
    building CarPC useing BookPC and Lilliput 7 inch TS.

I'd go with a Viper alarm. I don't know those two brands, so I can't give advise on them.. Sorry
    1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

about a month ago i got the Prestige Platinum. they place i got it at said it was the best Prestige they make. It comes with 2stage shock sensors and starter disabler it ran me about 200 installed.. Ive been happy with it no problems and it is very sensitive. you can adjust it though.

Comment

Originally posted by SiGmA_X
        I'd go with a Viper alarm. I don't know those two brands, so I can't give advise on them.. Sorry
        My comment is the same. All my car alarms (5 total) has been viper. Very reliable and good remote range. Very easy if you are DIY.
        Anyway, I don't rely on car alarm for security but convenience instead because here in SoCal, most/all cars have alarm and when it set off, people just think it annoying and ignore it.
        Just put all your goodies out of sight and make them less attractive to thief to-be as much as posible.
        2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
        89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
        Y2K Accord Dell GX150
        RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
        EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

There is an alarm out there that sounds like somebody honking the horn in distressful random fashion. I can't remember the maker thought, but if you can find it get it. Me and a friend were in a parking lot and somebody had ones of those and it went off and people accross the parking lot started to walk up to see what was going on.

Comment

DEI products(viper, clifford, avital, etc) are of superior quality to nearly all other brands.BTW nearly any alarm can honk the horn, most made in the last 5 years have an output specifically for this.

Comment

this is the one iv got
              http://www.directed.com/security/vip...nder.asp#690XV
              i love it when ever the alarm beeps so dose the remote
              now working on my Dodge Dak
              toshiba portege == done
              audigy2 NX == done
              7" flush mount == 0%
              pimp rating == 48%

Comment

thanks guys, i know viper is the best, but im tryin to get somethin a lil cheaper.
                Pontiac Grand Am
                building CarPC useing BookPC and Lilliput 7 inch TS.

Comment

Originally posted by djrkd
                  thanks guys, i know viper is the best, but im tryin to get somethin a lil cheaper.
                  You should be able to find a viper 300 or similar for pretty cheap.

Comment

I bought a clifford G4 solaris for 125. 'tiz the ****.
                    car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

Comment

my $ .02

in NY alot of people have alarms in ther cars so i have my with air horns/is a prestige by the way i got it for $300 install it comes with the pager and i can tell me the temp. inside my car so in the winter times i don't have to worry about my HDD been cold and meesing up on me, or being to hot in the summer, i can lock unlock the doors ,it also has auto start and for an extra 70 usd i added modules the roll up my windows when my alarm activates/ and roll the up or down at will
                      Attached Files
                      98.8 complete
                      95 chevy blazer s10

Comment

How much would it cost to get the G5 Clifford installed with window modules and the computer - serial tie in?

car - 2000 Grand Am

I'm really interested in this when I start my Carputer project.... (I need to win the lottery to do my plan...)

-Kay
                        [ L ] ive. [ D ] ream. [ C ] reate.

Comment

you can really see but i took the amber backlight out and replaced it with a green led light, the light is softer and the green led matches the neon under my car ny nextel and the extirior of my car... point is ..it wan't really hard to change the back light to match your car exterior or any other light you want...
                          98.8 complete
                          95 chevy blazer s10

Comment

Working...
                          X